• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Great Training

Jim Hill

I purchased Tom Knights bundle of video's on using Corel and they are great.

I did not know that the plugins would not work with CorelDraw 12 so I guess I will have to spring for either X-3 OR X-4

Since all of his video's were made using X-3 do you think everything would also work in X-4?

I think the answer is yes but after finding out the plugins won't work in Corel 12 I thought it would make sense to ask before upgrading and getting another surprise.

Jim Hill

Jim Hill

Brian

When you go to the Advanced Artist Member Site and click on work files on the top part of the screen it opens files.

Under Advanced Artist work files.

All files are in CorelDraw X3 and will not open in CorelDraw 11 or 12

I did not know this when I purchased Tom's video's and I should have used the word files instead of plugins.

I like the video's but wish there was a way to pause and fast forward to different sections.

When Tom is talking sometimes it takes a minute or two for the brain to understand what he just said and how to do it and by that time he is on to the next part.

I guess I have to upgrade to either X-3 or X-4 but since his video's are done in X-3 would everything work the same in X-4

I know it should work but thought I would ask the question before making the purchase.

Thanks Jim Hill :thankyou:

Alan D

Most of the stuff in X3 is the same as X4 in terms of how it works, were there specific features you are concerned about?
Alan D