• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Halftone fade between two spot colours

JonMiller

How would I go about doing a halftone fade between two spot colours so that those two are the only colours used?
As you can see in the example it inserts white dots also.

Kind regards,

Jon

Attachments

• halftone fade.JPG
    halftone fade.JPG
    213.4 KB · Views: 127

JonMiller

Thanks J Hill. I had assumed that was what was happening but wanted to ask.

Although perhaps not quite as convincing a 'fade', this is an example of the sort of thing I was thinking of.
I just wondered if there was a way to replace the white with another colour or any way of altering the amount of white the halftone uses.

Attachments

• halftone fade 2.jpg
    halftone fade 2.jpg
    802.7 KB · Views: 99

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
To reduce the halftone effect, switch to Classical Dot and set your LPI to 70.7. Or, if you prefer, switch your halftone effect to Gerbertone Fine. This will make the halftone dots smaller.

John Butto

halftone

This is done in Illustrator and takes three minutes, I perfer to make the halftone in Photoshop, bring it into Illustrator, vectorize it and then you get the dot pattern to be manipulated with color or transparencies, enlargement, etc. Then you do not get the white glow as this one has. But you get the idea.

Attachments

• halftone.jpg
    halftone.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 103