• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hand carved Lawyer sign

signmeup

Here's another recent one. This one is about 6 feet wide. The body is built up wood and Alupanel with HDU oval panels glued on. The post are a bit unusual in that they are not square. I needed the post to fit between the ovals but a 4" post looked too thin for the sign. So I just made them 6" wide and 4" thick. They are made of 4 pieces of 1 x PT lumber glued and screwed together like a long box. Makes for a nice light, straight post. The grooves come from the round edges of the "deck" lumber.

The little square, white pyramid things cover the panel attachment bolts.

Attachments

• Waterbury.jpg
    Waterbury.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 147

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Looks great...the posts (the whole thing) came out really good. What's your frost line up there?

I'm curious why you used Sonotube...?

signmeup

Looks great...the posts (the whole thing) came out really good. What's your frost line up there?

I'm curious why you used Sonotube...?

Frost here goes about 3 feet. What is in Dallas? (pretty deep from what I saw on the news)

Moze

Precision Sign Services
3'+ is a lot of digging. I don't envy you.

The frost line in North Texas is almost non-existent...I believe it's 6".

SignManiac

Don't feel too bad Adrian. Here you don't dare dig unless you call for an underground utility inspection. They bury fiber optic cables, electrical lines, cable lines, gas lines, 6" deep in the ground. It's nearly impossible to not hit something. Can get very expensive is you hit something.

Mosh

Here you don't dare dig unless you call for an underground utility inspection.

In Nebraska it is a law to call before you dig ANYTHING! Our front line is 36" here, 6" would be awesome!

Stanton

Elegant sign.

It has never been below 45º in Imperial Beach, CA.
I am getting ready to go surf fishing.

:smile: