• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Having problem cutting script text

shuv76

Hello,,-----I have corel x3 and I am cutting script fonts and I tried welding it first before cutting but when it cuts the letter, it cuts into the letter that it is attached to in the script. I am missing something. I even tried converting it to curves and then welding but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated....Paul

TammieH

Not sure what steps you went through, did you convert the text to curves first? It should not matter either way.
I just did a test in Corel X3, ( I don't use Corel, only when I have to convert a file.)

But it seems to work both ways, for me

Convert text to curve first then weld

And I just welded text.

Looks fine no overlap

shuv76

Not sure what steps you went through, did you convert the text to curves first? It should not matter either way.
I just did a test in Corel X3, ( I don't use Corel, only when I have to convert a file.)

But it seems to work both ways, for me

Convert text to curve first then weld

And I just welded text.

Looks fine no overlap

Ok it did work! I must have not converted it to curvews first...Thank you very much,,,Paul