• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heat transfering to 100% Polyester Jackets.

Andy D

I have a customer that wants some 100% Polyester Eddie Bauer - Rugged Ripstop Soft Shell Jackets. The website has this warning:

"Due to the nature of cotton/polyester blends in dark and neon colors, special care must be taken throughout the decoration process when heat is applied for curing. Please consult with your decorator or material supplier".

Has anyone done heat transfer to this type of material? Any Suggestions?

6349-GreySteel-1-EB534GreySteelModelFront-337W.jpg

Wildgoose

I own that jacket. I embroidered mine but I think it would handle HTV but I think you'll possibly see the press sheen that can happen. I would steer them to embroidery or make them sign a waiver or something.

Creek Bank

I have done several of these with HTV with only 1 small issue which was print starting to fall off. I always wipe area with alcohol first as many of them are also treated for stain resistance. I also use a light pressure.