• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heaters too high or pinch roller pressure not right?

Aunt LuLu

Aunt LuLu
Afternoon Folks! Just replaced the head,& dampers on my Mimaki CJv150-75, went to complete an order today, and received a head strike. Not what I wanted. Attached is a picture of the vinyl in the machine. It was caused by the vinyl bubbling up under the pinch roller #2.

My heaters are set at (Fahrenheit) :

Pre - 100/100
Print - 102/102
Post - 102/102

Head height low

Media: Gloss 2.75 mil purchased from: https://substance.com

is this caused by heaters too high? or too much pressure on 1 or more pinch rollers?

I am just not sure, there are so many things that go wrong concerning me and this printer......

Laura

Attachments

• Head Strike.JPG
    Head Strike.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 324

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Afternoon Folks! Just replaced the head,& dampers on my Mimaki CJv150-75, went to complete an order today, and received a head strike. Not what I wanted. Attached is a picture of the vinyl in the machine. It was caused by the vinyl bubbling up under the pinch roller #2.

My heaters are set at (Fahrenheit) :

Pre - 100/100
Print - 102/102
Post - 102/102

Head height low

Media: Gloss 2.75 mil purchased from: https://substance.com

is this caused by heaters too high? or too much pressure on 1 or more pinch rollers?

I am just not sure, there are so many things that go wrong concerning me and this printer......

Laura
Thats a pretty bad buckle.
Turn down the pre heat and make sure vinyl is feeding in straight and taught.

damonCA21

I run Rolands, but have the print temp on the lowest setting, and have never had any problems like that. Have you checked your fans are working and sucking the vinyl down evenly across the width?

netsol

obviously, the material HAS TO LAY FLAT, it isn't

probably why you changed the head in the first place

i also have mostly roland experience (some mitoh, no mimaki) but, this is common to all 3 brands

i would set the pinch rollers as wide as possible & load a narrow (12") stip of material, under each pinch roller, one at a time. shift the material and be sure EACH ROLLER is applying even pressure & hold the strip from twisting

check your vacuum
cover the row of vacuum holes and see that there seems to be sufficient vacuum to hold the material down

load material ( with heaters at temp) then shut down heaters, see if material buckles as it cools

load material ( with heaters off) then bring up to temp, see if matetial buckles as it heats

YOU MAY BE SURPRISED that all your materials DON''T ACT THE SAME as they heat and cool
on my oldest roland SC545-EX (2005) certain materials need to be retensioned after every job
(NOT NORMAL, BUT WORKABLE)

you will probably find that some substrates BUCKLE AS THEY COOL & others buckle as they heat

you will find something glaringly wrong, not enough vacuum, (1fan not turning? or lots of dust in the fans, cutting down air flow, 1 pinch roller not reaching down/tension position)

lets find this problem before you damage a new print head!

Aunt LuLu

Aunt LuLu
Thank you to everyone. All of your info helped. What is did was lower the temps on all 3 heaters and move the pinch rollers for a more even space. Then reprinted what I needed to do. I did not want to damage the new print head as it is new (3 1/2 years old). There is so much more that I can learn to do with this machine. I know I have not even scratched the surface of knowing what it can do.

Thank all of you. You Guys/Gals are the BEST!!!

Laura

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
The media was buckling because the pinch roller wasn't within the two triangles. The grit roller slides but the pinch roller doesn't and it causes issues like these.
Wow!
I will always start at the basics now.
I totally missed the misaligned pinch roller.
The Roland's I run let you know if a pinch roller isn't in its proper place.
Thank You Solventinkjet, I won't forget this.