• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help in hanging a flat aluminum wall sign

Jackflush

Gorgor
I recently got an order for a 60x30 in. graphic that will go in the fish shop. I suggested putting it on aluminum and now I havent a clue what is the best technique to hang it. Its on B Bond 1/8 inch thick. I am figuring that I will screw something onto the back from the front before I stick on the sticker. But I sure could use some guidance today. Thanks

Billct2

1/8" doesn't allow a lot of room to flush mount a bolt. Might be better off using cleats VHBd to the back.
Or vhb and lexel direct to wall. Other option is to screw right thru the face and use some cap covers.

Jackflush

Gorgor
Ok good... I am decided to get those screws with the covers. and put in a beveled hardwood hanging board like they use on floating shelves.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If there was some rhyme or reason for suggesting an aluminum substrate..... are you kinda nixing that reason out by now afixing the whole thing with wood ?? Why not skip the cheap ACM and just do it on wood ??

Besides, what kinda wall is it ?? The surface and whatnot.