• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help on staff salary structure:

victor bogdanov

I've been considering offering them an additional allowance for extra tasks. For example, during busier months, they'd receive this extra allowance. But before making any decisions, I wanted to check in with you folks to see if there might be a better approach.
What is "allowance", sounds like something you'd give a child.

more hours worked = more pay for hourly employees, overtime pay once they go over 40hrs in a week. Very simple

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I'm in the same boat—I'm on salary, while the production crew gets paid hourly. I've been considering offering them an additional allowance for extra tasks. For example, during busier months, they'd receive this extra allowance. But before making any decisions, I wanted to check in with you folks to see if there might be a better approach
Are they doing their work?
Are they getting over time?
Are you paying them a fair wage?

If yes, then why give more if you don’t have to. Now I’m not saying you can’t give a bonus or whatever.

I’ll buy lunch on Fridays for everyone, we cook out on the grill, etc.

If you appreciate them, let them know verbally and show them by your actions. Giving $$$$ is not always the answer.

gnubler

^^ Good points. I had a job once where the owner would frequently offer to buy lunch for everyone on Friday, and/or tell us all to go home at 2pm and that we would be clocked out at 5. Little things, but showed that we were appreciated.