• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with aligning panels

altereddezignz

Hey everyone, i am looking for a little knowledge here. I did my first trailer this week and had a few kinda issues lol. The trailer was 6 panels long. After fighting with trying to get the first panel straight and then aligning and hanging the rest of the 5 panels i only realized that the trim on the top of the trailer was crooked and now my whole side is crooked. So now back to the drawing board. I printed with a 1/2 overlap int eh prints. I went back to the shop and pre-assembled all the panels together. You have any idea how hard it is to hang a 24 ft trailer with all the panels at one time by yourself lol.............

So anyways finally got it aligned and started to assemble it all together. Well now i lay the first panel but the next panel is just a hair and litterly a hair off so now i am having to adjust every panel by just a hair.

Anyone with any knowledge or helpful insight to eliminate some of these issues.

Thanks....

Kwiksigns

wookie
if you apply one panel and then try to line them up after, you are gonna have problems... What Ido is hang every panel. Once I am satisfied with the placement, I tape them all up so they don't move. Starting from the back, I fold the second panel back so I can apply the first one. Once it is done, I apply the second one in the same fashion. If it has stretched, for one of many reasons, then applying in the same fashion is the best way. They will all stretch the same amount if I apply them all the same way

altereddezignz

Here is what i did on the last trailer. Trailer was 20 ft long. Panels where i think around 85 or so inches tall. My table is only 96" long so this was tricky. I placed first panel on table and placed the edge in the middle of the table. I then did the same thing with the next panel. Once it was straight and aligned i then added weights to each side to hold them both in place on the table together. I then used a good amount of masking tape down the whole edge and a couple longer pieces across the edge to make sure it didnt move.

I did panel by panel adding to each panel and rolling it up as it hit the floor.

I then had the whole panel pre assembled. Once this was done i had someone roll it out as i taped it up to the trailer and then adjusted the whole side print to get it straight.

I then would do the same un-tape edge and lay last panel. The move down the trailer installing panels.

Maybe this picture will help. Sorry its the only one i have and it is like 4 images lol

Attachments

• 14192750_1160043947392272_4310484441944603137_n.jpg
    14192750_1160043947392272_4310484441944603137_n.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 361