• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with .EPS files

atomicbeaker

Hi all!

I've been banging my head against the wall trying to open an .eps file in Omega 2.1 (I know, we're kind of behind). We use our thermal transfer printer to make prototype labels for our products. Usually I would import the outside shape of the label as a .dxf and add text and features in Omega, but we're starting to get a lot of projects from our office in Germany and we'd like to start being able to make labels directly rather than having to remake every one. If anybody's got any ideas or wants to play with a sample label, please let me know and I'll be happy to send it to you.

Thanks!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
For it to import successfully into Omega 2.1, the EPS file should a legacy version no higher than a version 8 ... preferably a version 3. In addition, it cannot contain bitmaps or masks.

Your options are to upgrade to Omega 3, which is much better than previous versions when it comes to importing, or to license a copy of Adobe Illustrator CS4 or CS5 so you will be able to open and save as a legacy file.

If you want someone to look at your file, send it to the email in my signature.

atomicbeaker

Pat:
Either way. Importing it brings a blank page, and opening it causes Omega to lock up.

Fred,
Thanks, that's very generous. One of our guys in marketing (and just before that, another forum member) converted it and it still just locks Omega up. I'm thinking reinstalling next.

Last edited:

atomicbeaker

Well, I got it to open. Had to use the regular eps filter and not the eps-(gsp) filter :doh:. Now the only question is, is there a way to join coincident line segments without manually clicking and dragging the ends of each one to the next?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Both the files you sent to me open without any problem in Illustrator CS2 and Omega 3. In all four cases, the lettering has a stroke applied to it which makes it almost illegible though.

Do you need me to send you back an Omega PLT version of it?

I forgot to mention before also, that you Omega 2.1 has two different import filters. One at the top of the list and another at the bottom of the list. When one doesn't work, often the other does.

Attachments

• 2249623-00.002drw1332561200002_From_Beat_upd.jpg
    2249623-00.002drw1332561200002_From_Beat_upd.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 94