• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with photoshop, noob here

ironchef

Ey photoshopers, im a corel guy, just got photoshop. Having a hard time figuring the best way to send this to corel so i can print. So far ive been pressing flatten image and then saving it as psd, but theres a 2gb limit. Whats the best way to open photshop files in corel with out sacfricing image quality?

rubo

Whats the best way to open photshop files in corel with out sacfricing image quality? - you don't open it - you import it into corel

MikePro

.psd only if you want to save your layers & effects for future use, much like .ai files.
if you're flattening for production, export or save as a .tiff.

the graphics co

design at 1:10 scale to keep your file size down. You shouldn't have working files running at 2gb, that will drag any system to a crawl.

knucklehead

another PS noob, if I get a compressed psd file to import into Corel, says it's compresed, how does one go about un-compressing it.

ironchef

What does compressed mean? Is that the same as flattened? And thanks on all the advise guys, when i bring it to corel in 1/10 how do i blow it back up? Also if im working with bitmaps and then flatten it or what not, and send it as tiff in that scale, wont it get pixelated once i bring it up to size in corel?

Christian @ 2CT Media

I work in full size 72dpi - 150dpi depending on the artwork size... Convert effects layers to smart objects and save as psd. Then just import in to coreldraw with typically no issues and it retains each individual layer.