• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hey ya'll, newbie here from TN

grfxunl

LOL my wife made me write the intro:D
Our first post after many years of visiting this site. Every time I come here I always think I should visit a lot more often, for some reason this forum gets us psyched about the graphics business all over again.
Any ways we've had a Roland VP540i for at least 12 years or so. We've never had any problems with it. We've been in Orlando, Fl our whole life, recently moved to this one horse town in TN, my biggest fear was if this printer broke down what would we do, sure enough it just did...We think it needs a print head, but not sure, beside we know its seen its best days. so....if any body could recommend a tech near Johnson city that would be great.
Our second option is to buy a new one but not sure what's the most popular printers out there now a days. Its been a long time since we've looked into it. One of our suppliers is really pushing the Mutoh, printer with separate plotter, another one the Roland TruVis and somebody else said an Epson. Were doing some research but were thinking the people in the business opinions would be the best.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank ya'll :)

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Welcome! You'll get a lot of opinion here. Lol.
Can you provide some more info on what you do?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
The closest thing to what you have is either another Roland or a Mimaki CJV150. There has been some bad news here on the newer Rolands but they should have all of that sorted out by now.
If everything else is good with your printer, it may be better to just change the print head? It is pretty easy to do yourself and nothing to be scared of.

Rusty B

Im in Tennessee as well and I have a mutoh 1204 i have owned for several years. 3 printheads later all installed myself in less than a couple hours it still prints great and for what i make i have no need in a new one. It would all depend on what you’re printing imo. I have had really good luck out of my mutoh but i cant say anything about other brands. I have never used them. If you give some more intel on what your printer is doing I am positive several in these forums can help diagnose the problem and point you in the right direction if you attempt to fix it. Welcome to the forum!

grfxunl

The closest thing to what you have is either another Roland or a Mimaki CJV150. There has been some bad news here on the newer Rolands but they should have all of that sorted out by now.
If everything else is good with your printer, it may be better to just change the print head? It is pretty easy to do yourself and nothing to be scared of.
Thank you Notarealsignguy, that was are first plan because that’s what seems to be wrong with it, called the company we bought it from they said it’s too old most likely can’t get parts for it, did a little googling haven’t found anything jet, but after your comment hoping maybe somebody here can tell me we’re I can buy the…..damn….THANK YOU!!!! After comment you just gave us hope, cause the last thing we want to do is buy a new printer!

grfxunl

Im in Tennessee as well and I have a mutoh 1204 i have owned for several years. 3 printheads later all installed myself in less than a couple hours it still prints great and for what i make i have no need in a new one. It would all depend on what you’re printing imo. I have had really good luck out of my mutoh but i cant say anything about other brands. I have never used them. If you give some more intel on what your printer is doing I am positive several in these forums can help diagnose the problem and point you in the right direction if you attempt to fix it. Welcome to the forum!
Hey Rusty, loving TN! Thanks for the info, gonna try hard to get this going, if not going to look into that Muto.

Rusty B

Digiprint supplies sells lots of parts for older printers. I have purchased all of my printheads through them over the years. Does the sp540 use a dx4 printhead?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Digiprints has a load of bad reviews here. The printheads are out there. You could probably find them on AliExpress, eBay, signsinchina etc. Dx4 or Dx5 I would assume?

grfxunl

Digiprints has a load of bad reviews here. The printheads are out there. You could probably find them on AliExpress, eBay, signsinchina etc. Dx4 or Dx5 I would assume?
thanks I looked at those web sites and not sure if I would trust them, besides I need this thing printer running like right now other wise I need a new printer this week, we have a bunch of big jobs for long time customers that If I can't do I'm gonna be in trouble....

grfxunl

LOL my wife made me write the intro:D
Our first post after many years of visiting this site. Every time I come here I always think I should visit a lot more often, for some reason this forum gets us psyched about the graphics business all over again.
Any ways we've had a Roland VP540i for at least 12 years or so. We've never had any problems with it. We've been in Orlando, Fl our whole life, recently moved to this one horse town in TN, my biggest fear was if this printer broke down what would we do, sure enough it just did...We think it needs a print head, but not sure, beside we know its seen its best days. so....if any body could recommend a tech near Johnson city that would be great.
Our second option is to buy a new one but not sure what's the most popular printers out there now a days. Its been a long time since we've looked into it. One of our suppliers is really pushing the Mutoh, printer with separate plotter, another one the Roland TruVis and somebody else said an Epson. Were doing some research but were thinking the people in the business opinions would be the best.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank ya'll :)
Up date, found a gentleman from FL, Ernie Inkjet Life 508-828-8032, gave him a call, he overnighted me a couple of heads along with all the misc parts I needed, he walk me through the whole process had me back and running in no time, Ernie is the REAL DEAL!!!! Can't not say enough good things about him. If you need help with your printer give him a call, specially older printers.

Jihope

Hello everyone, I am in Longwood FL near Orlando I just bought a Mutoh JV1324X that has been in storage for 1 year.
Do you know someone who specializes in maintenance near me?
and a good supplier of spare parts?
Thanks
Emil

timaquatic

Hello everyone, I am in Longwood FL near Orlando I just bought a Mutoh JV1324X that has been in storage for 1 year.
Do you know someone who specializes in maintenance near me?
and a good supplier of spare parts?
Thanks
Emil
Did you find someone? I live in Clermont and need the maintenance station replaced and someone that can fix my 1324x when I have issues