• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hotel Entryway Installation - Etch and Cut Vinyl Installation - 8 double sided doors

ShoNuff

The Doer of Things
*Made own post after post jacking signwizz Etched Vinyl post*

Hilton Garden Inn Entryway Installation - Etch and Cut Vinyl Installation - 8 double sided doors

installed the "Re-Growth" theme graphics for Hilton Garden Inn's franchise brand re-imaging project. The backside of the entry way doors have 100's of vertical lines cut out of 3M's Dusted Crystal etch vinyl. 8 total doors with split frame making 16 panes of glass. All I can say is it was the toughest install Ive ever done. The tape wouldnt separate from the etch vinyl without alotta finesse. It was freezing outside so the surface temp of the glass was very cold. I used RapidTac 2 to assist in the cold weather install which made it possible to complete on the colder glass but I wouldnt suggest using ANY solution on etch vinyl because it seems to leave spots between vinyl and glass. The crap also shows stretch like crazy.

I cussed through the install but was very pleased with the end result. So was the client considering we got the call this morning for travel to other locations out of state, that are having trouble with getting these graphics installed. No one wants to touch them... I will. All in their face!

below are the photos from this install of a CRAZY redesign.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• etch1.jpg
    etch1.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 101
  • etch2.jpg
    etch2.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 73
  • etch3.jpg
    etch3.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 84
  • etch4.jpg
    etch4.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 86

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
"Welcome to the garden, where the machine brain will suck you in via telecom cords and turn you into a cyborg"

ShoNuff

The Doer of Things
Thanks for the looks fellas. It was a big b!tch putting those pieces on. Its 16 surfaces of glass but with the split in the middle, just assume 32. To make it worse, the damn graphics were cut too deeply so I had to fight backing paper peeling up on the white matte vinyl and the dusted crystal etch vinyl was not only damaged in shipping from producers, but also cut too deeply, forging the vinyl and adhesive down into those crevices made in the release liner. Some didnt want to come up with the tape from liner, some wanted to make the tape home once applied to the glass...

high winds and subzero temps made for extra degrees of difficulty. I believe I had a gain of +45 installer points on this hell ride. I can't wait to do the other two locations now. HA!

ShoNuff

The Doer of Things
thanks! I think my problem with it was a combo of temp, media was damaged in shipping, and the intricacy of the cuts. Also, they were cut with far too much force causing the backing paper to stick to the white and the etch vinyl to be nearly merged into the clear slip liner. Whoever cut the graphics did not do a very good job and would've noticed their screw ups upon taping the graphics. They also used high tack transfer tape on the etch vinyl... the ****s so thin that it wanted to stretch or come off the glass on tape removal. There were a multitude of issues with the graphics, the weather, and the targets for installation but I just kept patient and trucked on.

it took alot longer than I would've estimated so I was glad they called me out to install based on getting it done in a rush before their opening inspection. It took me 3 days of service. 3rd day I was there from 9am to 1:30am.

Charlie J

So how many total hours did you have in the install? That looks like a nightmare. I hope you charged them a boatload.