• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How about a little help...throw me a bone!

fivepoints

I asked this question the other day, but I didn't get no info that helped me and I know there are some very knowledgable people on here that know the answer or can set me straight. I'm flustered and don't know which way to turn as I thought I had run into most things in Corel during my years using it. Here is the problem. :Oops:

I am cutting vinyl out of Corel X5 to a Roland PC-600 and all of a sudden when I send it to cutter the whole roll will roll off and won't cut. BUT when I do a test plot the cutter does fine and I also tried cutting out of Flexi 8 and it cuts fine. I do most of the work out of Corel though and I know it has to be a simple setting change that somehow happened. Can someone give me a little help or have any ideas? The problem is not in the file as I have tried using different files and started new ones and it still just starts rolling off the vinyl and never starts cutting until I physically stop cutter from rolling it off. I am pretty sure that the problem is in Corel since Flexi and I can test cut on the cutter with no problems. Does anyone have any ideas :thankyou:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If you have flexi use that to cut.
One thing flexi does do pretty well is cut vinyl.
Design in Corel and send your cut paths to Flexi via eps or ai (legacy save v8 or v3).
Should be zero problems. I do it every day.

wayne k
guam usa

fivepoints

I am so much more comfortable using Corel and have used it for years where it worked good. I just barely know my way around in Flexi. There
is no sense adding an extra move or two by going into Flexi if I don't have to. That is what is throwing me off. The only I did different was to use the drop down and change the printer to my color laser printer to print out some flyers and right after job I went right back to the PC-600 with the drop down as usual. I changed nothing purposely that I know of. Thats why I'm so confused.:frustrated:

signage

Has your computer had an update (auto). Corel isn't really a cutting software package, what you are doing is using a print driver to get the plotter to work. OP is the most knowledgeable on running a Roland out of Corel!

d fleming

Has your plotter been accidentally set to start cutting at end of roll instead of front? Maybe the problem isn't corel?

fivepoints

At the end of the roll???? Where do I check that setting at? I believe Corel cuts it thru the colorcam program or rip.:U Rock:

fivepoints

I checked the print setup thru Colorcam and it matches what is in the Corel Print setup settings. I never purposely changed no settings, so I don't how anything would have gotten changed. though things happen around here sometimes.:banghead:

Joe Diaz

The setting you need to adjust may be in your print "preferences" we have a graphtec so what we see is going to be different than yours. Also make sure "selection" is checked in your print dialog under "print range". For us we also have to have "reposition images to" switched to "bottom left corner" That option can be found under "layout" in the print dialog. That maybe different for your plotter though. Once you have it setup the way you want, save your "print style" as "plotter" or what ever you want so you can call up those settings every time you want to plot. Then we have to also make sure that what we want to plot has a hairline black outline, and no fill.

Or you can just get Cocut. That works too.

fivepoints

:frustrated:Joe I did everything as you said and I thought maybe you had something there as I just knew it would work, but alas after checking what you said and making the changes it is still doing the same thing. I never have been great shakes at the hardware settings stuff, but now I'm all kind of confused. I just don't know what went wrong as I don't think I made any changes. I don't like Flexi enough to just use that as some said, as it seems Corel is so much simpler and much easier to use to me. Do you have any other ideas as to what could have happened? I have no idea as to what to check next. I really do think it has to be a setting in Corel. I have looked at the produciton manager in Colorcam and it all looks good to me.:banghead:

J Hill Designs

its not difficult to just cut out of flexi. export eps. open eps. select. send to cutter.

but...maybe check if you can change print config from hpgl to gpgl (or vice versa)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We had a Roland 600 a while back..... and for no good reason, it sometimes had a mind of it's own and would spit literally yards and yards out before cutting..... or printing.

It had something to do with a glitch on the particular file you're sending. Almost like a node was 25' down and it had to calculate that into the equation from time to time. We weren't using Corel, but SignMate for printing and cutting, which was basically perfect for that machine. No telling how the problem got onto some files and not onto others, but it was always fixed by creating a new workbox, copying and pasting everything into a new file and renaming it.

We worked from Anagraph, Corel, Illustrator and then everything was then sent through SignMate.

fivepoints

Gino I checked that out and no go. I even tried different files that I had printed from the day before. Still the same. I had never had any previous problems with the PC-600 and I've had it for quite a long time even though it isn't used that much. I really need it now and when I need it I can't use it.
Round Man I will look it over again, thank you. Has anyone else ever run into this problem? I can't be the only one that has had this problem can I?