• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you keep track of job info?

GoodPeopleFlags

So we finally have our Epson GS6000 up and running! It's awesome! Now I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to keep a log of each job, the material used, profile and any other info about it that I might need for reference. I've started a Word doc until I can come up with a better solution. I'm thinking a spread sheet would work better. I want to be sure to include all of the info that I might need but since we just got the printer, I'm not sure yet exactly what info I'll need to include. So, do you guys keep up with your info like that? If so, how do you do it and what information do you include?
Thank you!

tanneji

I have made cardboard tags that stick in the top of the rolls (while standing vertically) that includes the material type, product number and distributor for easy reordering, and profile information. It has worked really well and makes it easy so that the profile doesn't have to travel with the job it travels with the material. Also, for other job specifics, we use Cyrious and place vinyl color numbers etc in the notes section there. It's not a perfect system but works really well for us so far.

GoodPeopleFlags

That's a good idea, too! I didn't think of doing something like that. But I'm talking about saving the info for each job. Like, for xxxx customer, they wanted 3 18x24s, d/s, I used xxxx material, profile xxxx, whether or not we laminated it, etc. Something like that.

Or any other tricks or tips you guys learned along the way after you got your printer would also be helpful.

Thank you!

tanneji

That is also all in Cyrious. It's our project manager, quoting software, invoicing software. You need to have everything by customer because, if you do good work they will come back and not necessarily order the exact same thing again. We keep all of the art work on a server with the customer name as a folder name. Then everything is labeled according to job type aka. "18x24_Coro_ForSale.fs". You can then sort by date, file type etc and when they come in to re-order etc, you can immediately pull up the other work you have done for them.

mark in tx

Estimate is another program that works.
You could also just make up your own spreadsheet with the variables you want to track, figure the equations, and customize the output.

Pat Whatley

If you're using FlexiSign it can all be entered in the "JOB INFO" section. It's a little tedious and it's easy to forget to do it, though. Recording it all at "point of sale" is a whole lot better.

Malkin

We made our own Access database for writing job orders. The info in the system doesn't always get updated, but there is always a paper version just in case.