• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How much for a dealership wanting large windhsield sale lettering

agfracing

A local dealership that is VERY large called and needs lettering done on two of their new trucks windshields. they are looking to cover most of the windshield with large text for a sale event. Such as LEASE FROM $XXXX A MONTH in three lines.

They need two trucks done and in Neon orange and neon green. Install will be done by our shop and in their heated showroom/sales room.
Thanks!

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
This is how I started out thirty years ago. Lettering used car windshields for $3.00 each. I got $4.00 for florescent colors. And I did it with a brush. This should be easy. (1) Figure how much vinyl (2) Trip to the dealership (3) Profit.

DesireeM

Seems like a pretty standard job to quote...I mean you must quote jobs all the time and this seems like a pretty common type of job.

You must have a per/hour, per/person labor rate. Estimate how much time you need to get to and from the job, setup and do the install.
Also, if you have a sq.ft price for basic vinyl just get a price from your supplier for the neon vinyl and adjust your sq.ft price accordingly.

Any layout or file setup needed? Weeding and masking etc... work that into the price.

DesireeM

Also noticed that you put emphasis on the size of the dealership... I'm assuming a lot here but just want to say.... Don't undercut your usual pricing too much in the hopes of getting more business from them. Quote what you are able to sustain long term because if they are only interested in the lowest price you will never gain them as a customer anyways. If they choose you simply because you gave them the lowest price they will probably expect it in the future as well so in order to keep their business you'd be losing profit...Sell them on your knowledge and skill instead and they'll be willing to pay a little more just for that (if they're smart).

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
When working with dealerships, make it really easy for them. Don't break down pricing unless they ask for it. My experience with dealerships has been to keep everything really really simple.

Give them a flat rate if you do 1 or 2 windshields, and a discounted rate 5, less for 10 and further less for 15. That way they can get a "Great Deal" on multiples. All you need to do to figure your discount is divide the trip cost and any any job setup costs you have over the greater number of windshields.