• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help How to connect Graphtec to VersaWorks

trafficbarriersolutions

TRAFFIC & BARRIER SOLUTIONS, LLC
Hi,
I am having trouble with my Roland printer when it comes to printing. It seems as though Flexi's Rip and Print software makes the Roland printer print incorrect colors. However, if I use my Graphtec to do my contour cutting, it is 100% correct. The opposite happens when I send it to VersaWorks, the colors are 100% correct, however, the cutting/plotting is incorrect on the Roland. Not only do I want my colors to be correct, but I also want my cutting/plotting to be correct. VersaWorks prints the colors correctly and my Graphtec plotter cuts correctly. Is there a way to connect my Graphtec to VersaWorks to send contour cuts. If VersaWorks is not compatible with Graphtec, is there a software that can not only help my Roland print correct colors, but also use my Graphtec for plotting?
70845626108__549E7391-956B-4F37-A9CF-0A63FD16A626 (1).jpg
IMG_1423 (1).jpg

IMG_1424.jpg
Colors.png

victor bogdanov

So if I use the Cutting Master from SAi Connect, how do you send it to the Graphtec if I print from VersaWorks? Because the Rip and Print from Flexi prints incorrect colors.

Put the cutfile on USB drive if you have FC9000 or send it through cutting master if older Graphtec models. Very easy to do once you get the hang of it

Versaworks doesn't need to know anything about cutting, you just print the file that contains the registration marks already created with cutting master

signheremd

Hi,
I am having trouble with my Roland printer when it comes to printing. It seems as though Flexi's Rip and Print software makes the Roland printer print incorrect colors. However, if I use my Graphtec to do my contour cutting, it is 100% correct. The opposite happens when I send it to VersaWorks, the colors are 100% correct, however, the cutting/plotting is incorrect on the Roland. Not only do I want my colors to be correct, but I also want my cutting/plotting to be correct. VersaWorks prints the colors correctly and my Graphtec plotter cuts correctly. Is there a way to connect my Graphtec to VersaWorks to send contour cuts. If VersaWorks is not compatible with Graphtec, is there a software that can not only help my Roland print correct colors, but also use my Graphtec for plotting?
Looks like you are already putting Contour Cut Marks on in Flexi if able to get the plotter to cut from Flexi. But in case you are not: Choose the graphic to print and plot; make sure your Cut Contour is not Grouped (as sometimes some sections will not cut) and Click the Contour Cut Marks button, in the dialog box choose Graphtec 4 Type 1 marks (some others will work too, you can experiment), click the green arrow and now your whole graphic is incased in crop marks that the plotter can read; make sure the overall size is within your print limits; send this whole thing to VersaWorks to print; you can check your Contour Cuts in VersaWorks; after the print is done and off-gassed, laminate it or not then put in the plotter, Position and clamp the vinyl down, I use the front of the metal plate to align the cropmarks, choose Roll 2 and the machine will check the grit rollers, after it is done measuring the distance between the outside grit rollers, position the knife blade inside of the first right cropmark (note the cropmarks must fit within the outside grit rollers); Now from Flexi choose the graphic so that only 1 red box is around everything - if each item highlights red, click off of it and select again, at the top click the Cut Contour symbol - looks like a plotter blade with a red tube under it, and this will launch the Cut Contour cut controls box; be sure that the Graphtec 9000 is the selected plotter in the upper left box and make sure the position on screen matches the position on the plotter - if so click send; Production Manager will launch and ask if the vinyl is in the plotter and if it is in position, click OK and it will start plotting. As far as position, easy way to remember that is which direction the "feet" face. So the Plotter thinks of the front edge as down, the back edge as the top and left and right as left and right. In the Cut Contour cut controls box the little man in the lower left corner allows you to rotate the cut file to match with how you loaded the vinyl - so if his "feet" are down bottom of the print would be along the front edge. If you rotated your file to print, you will likely have to rotate to get his feet in the same position to cut. Basically whatever side is down in Flexi is what is considered his "feet".

Mactastic

Sign Maker
With regard to the colors printing differently in Flexi and VersaWorks, sounds like a color profile problem.

trafficbarriersolutions

TRAFFIC & BARRIER SOLUTIONS, LLC
Looks like you are already putting Contour Cut Marks on in Flexi if able to get the plotter to cut from Flexi. But in case you are not: Choose the graphic to print and plot; make sure your Cut Contour is not Grouped (as sometimes some sections will not cut) and Click the Contour Cut Marks button, in the dialog box choose Graphtec 4 Type 1 marks (some others will work too, you can experiment), click the green arrow and now your whole graphic is incased in crop marks that the plotter can read; make sure the overall size is within your print limits; send this whole thing to VersaWorks to print; you can check your Contour Cuts in VersaWorks; after the print is done and off-gassed, laminate it or not then put in the plotter, Position and clamp the vinyl down, I use the front of the metal plate to align the cropmarks, choose Roll 2 and the machine will check the grit rollers, after it is done measuring the distance between the outside grit rollers, position the knife blade inside of the first right cropmark (note the cropmarks must fit within the outside grit rollers); Now from Flexi choose the graphic so that only 1 red box is around everything - if each item highlights red, click off of it and select again, at the top click the Cut Contour symbol - looks like a plotter blade with a red tube under it, and this will launch the Cut Contour cut controls box; be sure that the Graphtec 9000 is the selected plotter in the upper left box and make sure the position on screen matches the position on the plotter - if so click send; Production Manager will launch and ask if the vinyl is in the plotter and if it is in position, click OK and it will start plotting. As far as position, easy way to remember that is which direction the "feet" face. So the Plotter thinks of the front edge as down, the back edge as the top and left and right as left and right. In the Cut Contour cut controls box the little man in the lower left corner allows you to rotate the cut file to match with how you loaded the vinyl - so if his "feet" are down bottom of the print would be along the front edge. If you rotated your file to print, you will likely have to rotate to get his feet in the same position to cut. Basically whatever side is down in Flexi is what is considered his "feet".
I figured it out. I used the Contour Cut Marks to put marks on it and send it to VersaWorks. That way, it will keep the correct coloring when printed from VersaWorks. Then take the Vinyl and put it on the Graphtec. Press
contour cut button.png
(Contour Cut) button on Flexi. Adjust the settings to the correct alignment, blade force, and speed(depending on the vinyl used). Click "Send" and then it will read the marks and cut just right.

signheremd

There is a calibration process too if you cuts are not tight. There was a discussion about this a year or two ago and I posted the Sensor Adjust Cross Hair Pattern. We adjusted ours about 1 year after we got it and it has been on point since.