• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to create guidelines on crop marks?

GoodPeopleFlags

I've added crop marks to a layout that represent an area that the lettering can't go beyond because of a frame. Is there a way to tell Illustrator to put guidelines on the crop marks? Sure, I can drag them over, but it'd be nice if there was an Easy Button!

mikey-Oh

you can manually plot the x and y axis of the guides in illustrator, or use the document size and bleed box to establish the border. hope that helps

jc1cell

-You can convert the crops to guidelines (cmd/ctrl 5)
-You can convert the frame to guidelines (cmd/ctrl 5)

If I'm understanding you correctly.

jc

GoodPeopleFlags

That sounds like what I want to do: convert crop marks to guidelines. But crtl 5 isn't making that happen. I'm using Illy CS3.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Did you create crop marks under the filter menu or go to crop area-----> create in the object menu?

If you did it with the crop area they won't convert. If you draw a box the size you want and go to filters-create-cropmarks, then you should be able to convert those crop marks to guides.

Make any sense???