• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to drag-drop .PSD to .AI without losing resolusion and all ? Please help!

saijyo

I just beginner for mimaki jv33 and rasterlink5 and very headache everyday in this week because of this problem.

almost my work is working with photoshop.

but when I direct print with .PSD to rasterlink5 mimaki , The color will very different from source (about Brightness / darkness)

then for now I work with Photoshop , and drag-drop to Illustrator .AI and print for get same source color.

I don't know how is a good way for now but ,

I need your help for 2 question

1.) How to drag-drop , for open .PSD file in Illustrator without losing anything , resolution , etc ?

2.) How to print .PSD file with Mimaki Rasterlink5 with no different color from source ?

(I have no learn for more about color profile , all work just work with stardard as I know by myself)

PS.so sorry for my bad language , it not my base. Please help me.

Kaiser

Check what output profile you have in illustrator and apply that to Photoshop. Its the best way.
Or... do all your layout and vector work in Illustrator with linked photos created in photoshop.
Or... export all your work as pdf from both using the same pdf settings on both.
Or a combination of all of the above

peavey123

Answer to #1 is in Illustrator. Click Effects dropdown ---> Document Raster Effects Settings. Set Resolution there before you import your .PSD.

saijyo

Thank you Kaiser and peavey123
But as I said , I don't know about profile so much ,
Kaiser , Can you tell me step by step as peavey123 please ,
1-->2--->3--->

Thank you so much in advance. please help

Kaiser

Thank you Kaiser and peavey123
But as I said , I don't know about profile so much ,
Kaiser , Can you tell me step by step as peavey123 please ,
1-->2--->3--->

Thank you so much in advance. please help

In Illustrator- Go to Edit -> Colour Settings. Check your working space profile.
In Photoshop - Go to Edit -> Colour Settings. Check if it is the same. If not. Change it.
Be careful when you save it though that you save it with the same profile. Write down the profile type you are using on a piece of paper for future reference and archive it!
When saving to pdf. Go to EDIT -> PDF Presets on either Photoshop or Illustrator and create a pdf preset with the same profile. Then use the same preset on both.

I hope this has helped. I am using ISO Coated v2 (ECI) all across our international platform and we havent had a problem yet.

saijyo

In Illustrator- Go to Edit -> Colour Settings. Check your working space profile.
In Photoshop - Go to Edit -> Colour Settings. Check if it is the same. If not. Change it.
Be careful when you save it though that you save it with the same profile. Write down the profile type you are using on a piece of paper for future reference and archive it!
When saving to pdf. Go to EDIT -> PDF Presets on either Photoshop or Illustrator and create a pdf preset with the same profile. Then use the same preset on both.

I hope this has helped. I am using ISO Coated v2 (ECI) all across our international platform and we havent had a problem yet.

I followed check with you
but It look same as first.

left is AI , right is PSD
123.jpg

but when I print .AI is same color as source , but .PSD it very brightness than source

peavey123

ok, well you're not printing .ai files so check your settings when you save your print file. My guess is the colourspace is being changed when you save your PDF, EPS etc.

Kaiser

Create a PDF Preset and use that on both. That way your output is the same on both. This is what I use.

Edit. Adobe PDF Presets. NEW.

GENERAL
Uncheck all

OUTPUT
Colour conversion - select convert to destination . Destination - Set what output profile.

Then create an action to batch process files using this preset.

Select a Name that you'll not get confused with. That way you can use the same preset on Illustrator and Photoshop without getting confused.

Attachments

• tutecFjRS.jpg
    tutecFjRS.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 112