• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to fill a whole from emblem removal?

VicoDrive

I have to remove an F250 emblem from the tailgate of a Ford tomorrow to put a decal in its place. I hear that there is probably a hole where those emblems are. if there is, is there anything I can or should do since the decal will probably go right over where the whole is?

graphix45

I letter some trucks for a company here and they have the tailgate covered in info so we always remove the factory emblems.
The ford oval emblem usally has three holes and we usally cut round or oval shapes out of the closest matching vinyl we have to cover the holes. Some times the cut vinyl lettering we install cover them anyway but depending on the truck some doesn't. My customer has allways been fine with this and hasn't had any problems with any of them.

wmshuman

I have to remove an F250 emblem from the tailgate of a Ford tomorrow to put a decal in its place. I hear that there is probably a hole where those emblems are. if there is, is there anything I can or should do since the decal will probably go right over where the whole is?

I have heard of people putting reflective vinyl down over the holes, then wrapping as normal.