• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to print braille on UJF series

Forty One

I'm at a loss.
Does anyone know of any video on how to create braille for the UJF series?
I have downloaded RL 6 Pro, the plug in for Ai and have my files ready to convert.
However, the only support I (currently) am receiving from Mimaki are some very iffy instructions with nothing definite.

Basically, ids there anything about on how to create the file in Ai then convert and create the print ready file in RL?

this is my last email to mimaki:

I have downloaded the plug in for Ai and installed it. (I’m running CC 2019)
After I have opened my ‘braille’ file, I select the area for braille, File > Rasterlink > Braille
The selection turns magenta.
I then select File > Rasterlink > Output to Rasterlink, go through the following windows and save the file as ‘file name’.eps
I then return to Rasterlink and go to open the file and it does not load.
[11:43:11] - Copying the file to working directory : [FortyOne_ExitG_uv.eps]
[11:43:12] - Started reading the file : [FortyOne_ExitG_uv.eps]
[11:43:13] - [Spool] : Cannot edit Braille job.
[11:43:13] - Aborted the execution : [FortyOne_ExitG_uv.eps]
[11:43:13] - Deleted the data completely : [FortyOne_ExitG_uv.eps

Any help from ANYONE is greatly appreciated

APCInk

Merchant Member
Hey there, have you contacted the Mimaki Australia office? They seem like they are really good with applications. Maybe this can help?
and Hugo is awesome!

Forty One

Cheers,

The Oz office has palmed me off to Tom in Japan. So I'm currently in limbo.
I've looked at this vid, but I am yet unable to get it in to RL to get it top the next step

APCInk

Merchant Member
Yikes, I am sorry about that. Let me see if I can get some info for you I am curious now too.

Forty One

SO, an update for those who have been following...
The UJF 3042 FX is not compatible with the Ai plug in for RL 6 Plus.

Got to go back to the old method.