• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help How to use 2 Mimaki CG-160FXII Plus on 1 PC Desktop?

IgnacioAxolotl

Hi there, my company just bought 2 CG-160FXII Plus, how can i use 2 plutters with just 1 machine, i know that is samthing with the ports, buy i have a lot problems findind the way.(And I have already tried to follow the instructions in the manual, but nothing has happened.)

Windows 10 Pro
CG-160FXII Plus x 2
illustrator 2022
Fine CUt 9
Fine Cut 9 / Comunication /usb/ CG-FXIIPLUS 00000000

bouth have the same number...

1659364177527.png
1659364191832.png

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Each USB port should have the serial number of the machine next to it. Since it doesn't, I would say you need to update the driver. If that's up to date, something is up because I've never seen the serial number be 0000000. The serial number is how the computer knows which machine to send to.

IgnacioAxolotl

Each USB port should have the serial number of the machine next to it. Since it doesn't, I would say you need to update the driver. If that's up to date, something is up because I've never seen the serial number be 0000000. The serial number is how the computer knows which machine to send to.
This happens to me with a laptop, and then with another dedicated PC for the machines, is there a way that the problem is the machines themselves?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
This happens to me with a laptop, and then with another dedicated PC for the machines, is there a way that the problem is the machines themselves?
Is it possible these machines both had the mainboard changed? The only thing I can think of is the boards were changed, firmware was loaded, but parameters weren't so they didn't get a serial number and the machines default to 0s.

netsol

go to device manager,& right click on each usb port & root hub

also, go to the manufacturer site & find the exact chipset driver for your laptop

are you using GOOD QUALITY, shielded usb cables?

BY THE WAY
you don't mention, but, does ONE OF THE PRINTERS ACTUALLY PRINT?

I assume this is a desktop (or not?) have you considered adding an expansion USB 3 card?

IgnacioAxolotl

1659370619724.png

They are the same cables that come with the machine... (Should I try with others?), the technician at the time told me that I had to update the firmware, did I open something wrong? and yes, it prints on only 1 if the 2 are connected. Initially it was being used in 1 labtop, we changed to a desktop and everything was the same.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
View attachment 160719

They are the same cables that come with the machine... (Should I try with others?), the technician at the time told me that I had to update the firmware, did I open something wrong? and yes, it prints on only 1 if the 2 are connected. Initially it was being used in 1 labtop, we changed to a desktop and everything was the same.

You probably didn't do anything wrong if the firmware loaded without errors. I'm thinking maybe someone reset the machines back to factory defaults. That may have cleared the serial number data. If it were me, I would go into the parameters and see if there is one labeled, "Serial" and change that to whatever the serial number is on the machine.

netsol

as long as one is printing, we can assume the printers are both responding to polling requests & should respond with a serial # the same way a network interface responds with a 26 digit mac address

try updating each of the usb ports in device manager by right clicking and choosing the option to update driver & choose the windows
update option

take the time and go to manufacturer website and download chipset driver for the pc

do you have access to another pc (a laptop perhaps?)

this would answer the question if the printer is sending serial # info back through the usb's

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Could you tell me how to do that? Or do you need any special tools?
Power the machine on while holding the Enter and End keys. It will boot in system parameter mode. Just a note, there may not even be a serial parameter but in my experience with Mimaki their printers do have that parameter. So change at your own risk but it is what I would try if it were me.

IgnacioAxolotl

Power the machine on while holding the Enter and End keys. It will boot in system parameter mode. Just a note, there may not even be a serial parameter but in my experience with Mimaki their printers do have that parameter. So change at your own risk but it is what I would try if it were me.

I found the solution, sorry for wasting your time, first of all it is important to read the manual, even though this part is at the end:

Set the each device number for a USB connection [DEVICE No.]
In case two and more plotters connected to a host computer with the USB cable, give the different plotter
number to each plotter.
Setting value:
DEVICE No. : 0 to 99

initially both printers were in "Device 0" and that is why it could not be printed on both, then I assigned the number 1, and number 2 to each printer, and wala everything worked fine.

I hope this will be of help in the future for someone who has just bought a printer.

Thanks for the help and greetings from Mexico.

Vassago

As long as they show up as 2 different devices - just see which one comes in when you plug it in and assign a name to it - either way - just plot to the one that comes up