• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to wrap a bottle

msenjur

Hello!

I have a customer who wants me to wrap 30 bottles. the whole bottle, even the neck...

Do you have any idea how to do it?

Thanks!

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Depends on the art, but if that wasn't important and you wanted it to last, I would pre-stretch the vinyl. Then after you roll it around the bottle, heat it up and it will shrink around the neck. For math's sake, you could take a 10" piece of vinyl and stretch it to 13" = 30% up to 50% = 15".

Even with that method this won't be easy. You will have lots of waste and trial and error. Lining up images and avoiding some distortion will be a real pain so charge accordingly. I would think about charging double or triple what you think it's worth.

rjssigns

Paint then graphics on top. Plasti-Dip from Dip Your Car would work too. Powder coating is another possibility.

Multi-piece graphics are the way the super trick helmet graphics are done. Once they're applied they get "buried" in clear coat so you can't feel the seams/edges.

msenjur

yes, i forgot to told you...

There is no graphic on them, just clear vinyl... vinyl is ment to keep the bottle together, becouse these bottle will be thrown around and will probably brake. So the vinly will only keep the pieces together...

for some teather show...

:)

J Hill Designs

since its just clear, and registration/distortion won't be an issue, you can try the barrel method

[video=youtube;LFEvctCEYq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFEvctCEYq8[/video]

JMPrinting

Are you like me and have a ton of work and behind? Then don't mess with it...sounds like it may have a horrible ending

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Cut some intermediate clear into 1" or 2" wide strips and wrap it neat and clean with a small overlap like the handle of a racket or (in the olden days) bicycle handle bars.

wayne k
guam usa

MikePro

can't simply convince your client to wrap the neck and body of the bottle in 2-seperate pieces?
much easier & cost-efficient... otherwise outsource it to someone that actually prints the plastic and THEN thermoforms the bottle to shape.

I bet I COULD wrap a bottle in one-piece, but no way someone'll pay me to do it...let alone MULTIPLE times.