• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How would you execute the wheel well trim on this design.

gplough

I'm basically leary of this job because of going around the wheel wells (see attachment). Customer said that they would supply the material/cut graphics and I am only bidding the installation.

Even if I was doing this and supplying the graphics I don't know how exactly I would go about doing the trim around the wheel wells and feel confident about the result. Should they be plotter cut and then wrapped into the wheel-well or should it be done with knife-less tape or some other way, or should I just not bid it because it's going to be a pain...

Appreciate your insights...

Attachments

• aptive_truck_Atlanta.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 158

Kwiksigns

wookie
Depends on how they supply it to you... If it is precut, just wrap it and be done with it. If I were producing it, I would use knifeless around the curve I want and wrap it. If they are supplying it, I would say they are going to come precut. Either way it wouldn't make much of a difference in the install price I would give. Don't think it is too much of a pain... I would ask what kind of vinyl they are using... And not just the typical "oh its 3M, its good stuff" answer.

T

TonyC

I would simply use knife tape. Charge accordingly for the tape but it would save a lot of labor.