• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 360 de-lamination issues

graphics101

We purchased 2 HP 360's at the end of last year. We have had a handful of de-lamination issues since we made the switch. In 12 years of running solvent printers, not once did we experience de-lamination. Now it has happened with 3M IJ180/8518, 3M IJ35/PS luster lam, and now Arlon 6000xrp/cast lam the problem usually happens when we need to snap up a print to reposition. The clear laminate releases from the printed ink leaving what appears to be a "hole" in the print. When you look closer, the lamination is still together but it released from the ink. It's one thing to have to reprint a panel for an install. My main concern is the completed work that's already out there. If this is an issue, will we have de-lamination issues down the road on completed projects?

Anyone out there experience this problem? Thanks.

Hi Fishnsigns,
We also have an HP 365/570 and experiencing the same problems with de-lamination.
I was wondering if you or anyone were able to resolve the problem?
I've tried talking to HP and several people from different tech support groups,
with no luck...
If anyone has any suggestions or solutions,
please email or reply back...
Thanks,
Graphics101

graphics101

Some time you have to pick at it to release.
We also print background sheets to match pantone colors
and while weeding the laminate will release.

Christian @ 2CT Media

What is your pass count and ink density? Due to the antiscratch additives higher ink densities is more prone to this issue.

We run almost all of our wraps on 6pass, 8pass if we need richer colors for red or green, both are set with 80% density. If we go to 10 pass + or above 100% density delam becomes more of a issue.

Last edited:

SheBeau

‍♀️ That’s straight from HP... it’s a start. The link has THEIR complete list. I shortened it for the Latex Printers.

HulkSmash

ok so click on the link, and then select latex, his link goes straight to pigmented inks..very misleading. and this thread is almost 3 years old, and firmware has been released to fix this issue.

Herrington25

ok so click on the link, and then select latex, his link goes straight to pigmented inks..very misleading. and this thread is almost 3 years old, and firmware has been released to fix this issue.

We always keep our printer up to date with the latest firmware and this delamination issue has gotten progressively worse. There’s plenty of folks who are saying they are having issues but so far I haven’t seen a single person say they found a fix yet. Of course the HP reps I’ve talked to have never heard of it.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We always keep our printer up to date with the latest firmware and this delamination issue has gotten progressively worse. There’s plenty of folks who are saying they are having issues but so far I haven’t seen a single person say they found a fix yet. Of course the HP reps I’ve talked to have never heard of it.
Lower passes and density. Also have you had your curing modules cleaned? The build up reduces evaporative efficiency which causes build up on print surface of the anti-scratch additive. We run our wraps at 6 pass 80% or 8 pass 80% with 0 delam issues.

Herrington25

Lower passes and density. Also have you had your curing modules cleaned? The build up reduces evaporative efficiency which causes build up on print surface of the anti-scratch additive. We run our wraps at 6 pass 80% or 8 pass 80% with 0 delam issues.

Curing modules were cleaned recently. They were actually very clean to begin with. I was under the impression that the number of passes only effects the dwell time in the curing module? More passes = more drying time? What level of optimiser are you running?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Curing modules were cleaned recently. They were actually very clean to begin with. I was under the impression that the number of passes only effects the dwell time in the curing module? More passes = more drying time? What level of optimiser are you running?
More passes do also mean more ink, it overlaps more often to get higher densities. We use 8-16% depending on the media.