• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 560 sounds a little grindy

JBurton

Signtologist
Haven't had any quality problems out of it, but she's groaning and grinding on material advances/preheat time, and creaking slowly on regular printing. It sounds like it's coming out of the black bar material breaks across as it enters the printer. If I free spin the bar, it pushes the material forward and backwards visibly, as if it's bent. Looking at the left end, the plastic endcap will separate slightly and then return to flush as it advances. I could have bent this bar trying to drag banner material out after a crash, but if that was the case it was a while back and I haven't noticed until recently.
Any ideas what this noise could be?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
The cap and tube wears out and it gets too loose. Lift it out, you will figure out what's happening.
Put something between them and back together.

JBurton

Signtologist
The cap and tube wears out and it gets too loose. Lift it out, you will figure out what's happening.
Put something between them and back together.
I guess I'll see if the rod is bent or not when I pull it, but if it somehow is, how critical is that part? I realize it provides some tension for the media, but I'd figure between the pinch rollers and roll motor, tension is maintained fairly consistently.