• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 700w printing quality Issue

ozpall

Hello Everyone,
just wondering if any HP users have had this problem or could tell me what is it related to. the machine is under warranty but just wanted to pick you guys/gals brains.
I ran 3 banners 13oz, the first 2 came out fine no issues but the 3rd one as you can see something happened while printing.
I just swapped material and ran other jobs and they are fine.
thanks for any suggestions.

Attachments

• 20240408_151227.jpg
    20240408_151227.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 90
  • 20240408_151213.jpg
    20240408_151213.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 70
  • 20240408_151206.jpg
    20240408_151206.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 65
  • test.png
    test.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 78

BigNate

I have had this a few times.... if it was my 700 I would try a head cleaning first just to see if it changes, then if it helped, look at a new plot - then consider putting in a new optimizer print head. (for me the main clue is the plot is the worst on the optimizer, but any of the other prints that need optimizer look bad too - like the bars on the side of the plots of the other print heads....) Remember the optimizer must be maintained in a very controlled pattern, likely more so than the colors as the shower of optimizer helps control the spray of the other inks.

BigNate

so replace it even thou other jobs are coming out fine now?
thanks for the replies!
Our 700w came in with some intermittent connection problems with the printheads - fix was replacing the white ribbon cable that has the contacts to the printheads. But we would get intermittent firing like you are seeing.... it is obvious a printhead is bad, then it just starts working, then in the middle of a full roll print it goes to crap again and you lose the whole image.... I recommend doing a little research into what happened. You may get lucky... but I think an intermittent connection somewhere in-line with your optimizer printhead is the actual problem.