• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp latex 315 textile printing

a79

Does anyone have any experience printing textiles on the HP latex 315. We specialize in wallpaper but clients are starting to ask us to print on fabrics. It says on the HP website that the 315 can print on textiles, but I can't find a how to guide anywhere. If anyone has experience with what works or a quick how to that would be amazing.

Last edited:

a79

Check out the Media Locator and you can filter to Canvas, Textiles, Polyester, etc. That should get on the right track in terms of media. From there, just use the appropriate profile and print

Thanks for the help! I appreciate it. Specifically my client has some raw canvas and linen they want us to print on. It isn't coated. Do you have any experience with non supported media, can you just create a profile and test it out or run a similar profile?

I would recommend one of the Durable Textile cotton/ linen blends listed on the media locator site, such as a Premex Duravibe, as they tend to offer better ink adhesion. As mentioned, make sure that the media is water-fast on the 315.

Signstein

Thanks for the help! I appreciate it. Specifically my client has some raw canvas and linen they want us to print on. It isn't coated. Do you have any experience with non supported media, can you just create a profile and test it out or run a similar profile?

Just about any textile media will work, even uncoated. You just have to be mindful of what the others have mentioned - if the material is porous then the ink will just run through and ruin your platen. The latex ink needs to be able to sit on top of the media to be cured. And yes, I would just start with the profile of a similar product and then clone/modify it as needed.

a79

Thanks for all the feedback everyone, you've got me pointed in the right direction.

wendy kong

Digital Printing Canvas&Fabrics
1709875058860.jpeg