• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP latex 700w: bad printer, bad support, advice needed. How did you return/replace your HP 700/800?

studebaker

Deluded Artist
I am in the process of considering this printer for my shop. This thread is making me think twice.
Don't do it! I am speaking as a daily operator of a 700W... Just don't. Latex 365 are excellent work horse machines. This one is a giant boat anchor!

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Where you buy these printers from does matter. In the USA HP has two different resellers tracks, 2-in-1 that just install the printer and 3-in-1 that both install and service the printer. We are a 3-in-1 dealer and we have sold 25 of the 700/800 series and everyone of them is working. Have there been issues, especially with earlier units, yes but we worked thru all of them. If you are in the New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, or Connecticut areas and have one of these printers, whether under warranty or not and need help give us a call.

nolanola

A technician came after 3 weeks. Some parts were replaced. The technician left without testing the printer. When I tried to run a test print the printer didn't print at all.

Received an email from an HP manager stating I forced the technician to leave and didn't let them test it and that the printer doesn't work because I don't use it. I replied I don't use it because it doesn't work.

I have talked to 8 different people at this point (three from IT supplies and five from HP). Everyone was very apologetic, accepted that the printer had some faults, but none of them could help me and none of them was the person who makes decisions. The IT supplies representatives kept saying I need to talk to HP, the HP representatives kept saying it's up to the reseller.

Diana Dowling called from the HP and wanted to schedule another tech visit, I responded I could no longer afford to participate in this and she threatened me with a lawyer. The commucation was very off. She ignored my questions straight. She said "the decision was made and have denied return of the machine". I say "who made the decision? do they have names?" She says "I don't know".

depps74

Hello forum.
We purchased an HP 700W through IT supply over a year ago. First time it broke down after two weeks.
We extended the warranty for another year for $3600.00. It doesn't perform very well: long warm up, errors, poor ink. I can see multiple reviews how HP 700 and 800 were returned or replaced.
The support is very bad. It's called "next business day tech visit". I opened a case two weeks ago and I just received an email with "hey, what's wrong?". There's no phone number to call an HP technician directly, you can only call a call center in India and schedule a phone call back. And maybe they will call you back in a week or so.
Neither IT supplies or HP communicate with me.
I feel very frustrated, I think I'm not talking to the right person. Please share your experience.
Can you share the links for the other bad reviews? I am thinking of getting this machine, as my 315 is awful, just awful at mid tones. Did you experience any pinks or greens on mid tones or CMYL black and white prints?

nolanola

Can you share the links for the other bad reviews? I am thinking of getting this machine, as my 315 is awful, just awful at mid tones. Did you experience any pinks or greens on mid tones or CMYL black and white prints?
Sure.
There are some at Grimco's website

There are a couple of reviews at It supplies profile as well (screenshot attached).

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 108

nolanola

Hello forum. As many of you know, I've been experiencing significant issues with my HP printer, which unfortunately weren't resolved through tech support. To bring more attention to this matter, I've created a website detailing the problems I've faced. https://hplatex700recall.com

I've come to understand that others with the same printer model have successfully returned their units, likely due to stronger relationships with their dealers. In my situation, dealing with ItSupplies hasn't been as fruitful – especially after the sales manager, who I purchased the printer from, left the company. Despite my efforts, they haven't agreed to accept the printer back.

I've termed this situation a "quiet recall," as it seems there's an underlying issue with this model. Paul Wagner, a Solutions Architect at Hewlett Packard, has shed some light on why some of these printers were problematic from the start, citing inadequate testing due to pandemic-related limitations.

I invite you all to visit my new website to learn more about these issues and to share your experiences if you've faced similar challenges. Your support and insights could be invaluable in addressing this matter and helping others in similar situations.

ozpall

dang i want to replace our 360 and was looking at the 700 or 700w but now im scare, my tech said that most of these problems were with early models only specially so close to covid.
now i don't know if i should just look at the 365 instead and save some money as well.