• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex and sticker printing

TomK

New - You can't go wrong with a Mutoh VJ628 24" Printer and I assume you have a cutter already. It has the same print head as the bigger models so quality is top notch. If you aren't going to laminate, a Mimaki CJV150-75 30" printer/cutter will have a better work flow seeing as you can just tell it to print and cut right after.

Used - The Roland SP-300V or SP-300i are great machines for stickers and they are 30" wide. The i series is newer. Also, any Mutoh Valuejet that is in good shape will give you good results.
Thanks for the info! The VJ628X looks like a nice little printer, however finding 24" vinyl for it is like finding good Aqueous vinyl, a PITA. I checked fellers, grimco, and substance for any of the 24" we use, and none are available, darn it.

I went and looked at the CJV150 and had some print samples done on it, I wasn't impressed with that machine. Slow and the prints were not that great.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks for the info! The VJ628X looks like a nice little printer, however finding 24" vinyl for it is like finding good Aqueous vinyl, a PITA. I checked fellers, grimco, and substance for any of the 24" we use, and none are available, darn it.

I went and looked at the CJV150 and had some print samples done on it, I wasn't impressed with that machine. Slow and the prints were not that great.

Where did you see the samples? The CJV150 is as fast or faster than the other models in it's class and the quality should be some of the best available. I would be interested to see which settings the demo used. It really comes down to who sets up the machine. Too many companies these days just un-box the printer for their customer and start printing without doing the alignments properly so you get bad prints. I have made prints on the CJV150 that looked like you could reach in and touch the objects in the picture.

TomK

Where did you see the samples? The CJV150 is as fast or faster than the other models in it's class and the quality should be some of the best available. I would be interested to see which settings the demo used. It really comes down to who sets up the machine. Too many companies these days just un-box the printer for their customer and start printing without doing the alignments properly so you get bad prints. I have made prints on the CJV150 that looked like you could reach in and touch the objects in the picture.
I took my sample files to my local Mimaki dealer and worked with them for a few hours printing out our samples. They were a tad better than the quality I was able to get off the latex, but certainly not something worth spending $$ on. The machine was also very very slow, at least compared to 12 or 16 pass off the latex.

equippaint

I took my sample files to my local Mimaki dealer and worked with them for a few hours printing out our samples. They were a tad better than the quality I was able to get off the latex, but certainly not something worth spending $$ on. The machine was also very very slow, at least compared to 12 or 16 pass off the latex.
It sounds like you are after something that does not exist or something is up with your files. We can and do get awesome quality prints out of our mimaki. Even small decals right up close, no graininess, solid vibrant color and great detail. Never had any issue with speed either. It runs circles around our old 300V (not that its a good benchmark)