• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex L26500 Ink Maintenance kit full message will not clear

SignProPlus-Chip

We changed the maintenance kit, but this message will not clear. It says the waste tube is not new, but it is. Is there a sensor somewhere we can clean?

Paul R

This is common

When this happens, it is usually because the chip in the kit is bad or out of date. Contact the manufacturer of the kit and give them the what for. If you don't, this will continue to happen to all of us.

dypinc

Is the white vinyl strip on the maintenance cartridge intact and completely clean white?

If so turn the machine off. pull the maintenance cartridge and clean the line sensor. It is to the right of the printhead and fairly easy to see if light by a flashlight.

dypinc

When this happens, it is usually because the chip in the kit is bad or out of date. Contact the manufacturer of the kit and give them the what for. If you don't, this will continue to happen to all of us.

Think again. There is no chip on the maintenance cartridge.

SignProPlus-Chip

Whoa, wait a sec. What maintenance cartridge?

The HP has one maintenance kit.

It has a new ink funnel and tube with an aerosol filter....this is what we replaced, along with the waste container.

There is no maintenance "cartridge"

Is there a sensor that reads the ink tube (optical sensor to see if it's clear) could it be dirty?

Is there a life counter reset for it?

Christian @ 2CT Media

There is a cleaning cartridge. It is the print head cleaning cartridge and it is housed behind the big door on the right.

But the Ink maintenance kit is just the Ink tubes, funnel and aerosol. The most likely culprit is that the white line that shows it is new is colored black and the sensor says it's old. If you take alcohol on a swab you can clean it off and restart the process to get it to read new.

SignProPlus-Chip

OK, the PH cleaning kit is at 50%, there was never a prompt to replace it.

We replaced the funnel, tubes, and filter.

Now is says the new tube is not new.

So is there is something on the tube that needs to be cleaned....it's spotless though. ???

There is a cleaning cartridge. It is the print head cleaning cartridge and it is housed behind the big door on the right.

But the Ink maintenance kit is just the Ink tubes, funnel and aerosol. The most likely culprit is that the white line that shows it is new is colored black and the sensor says it's old. If you take alcohol on a swab you can clean it off and restart the process to get it to read new.

Christian @ 2CT Media

There is a white strip that the printer prints black over. It might have been dirty when it went in. If I go to the shop today I'll take a pic of the strip for you.

Split76

Whoa, wait a sec. What maintenance cartridge?

The HP has one maintenance kit.

It has a new ink funnel and tube with an aerosol filter....this is what we replaced, along with the waste container.

There is no maintenance "cartridge"

Is there a sensor that reads the ink tube (optical sensor to see if it's clear) could it be dirty?

Is there a life counter reset for it?

if I'm not mistaking, there was some tiny place at ink funnel, which is covered by ink when funnel is used. After wiping that the machine will think it's new. I have been drinking more than my share today, so don't blame me if i'm wrong :Big Laugh

SignProPlus-Chip

There is a white strip that the printer prints black over. It might have been dirty when it went in. If I go to the shop today I'll take a pic of the strip for you.

Yeah, I know...it's not the PRINT HEAD CLEANING KIT. My PH kit is at 50%...it not the issue.

Its the ink Maintenance kit...I keep getting a message that the tube is NOT NEW.

SignProPlus-Chip

It's not the ink funnel.

It's the waste tube. I keep getting the message that the tube is not new.

The funnel is A-OK.

if I'm not mistaking, there was some tiny place at ink funnel, which is covered by ink when funnel is used. After wiping that the machine will think it's new. I have been drinking more than my share today, so don't blame me if i'm wrong :Big Laugh

Christian @ 2CT Media

The Ink tube set also has a white strip on the opposite side of the funnels line

Here is an image I found online that shows it.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 637

dypinc

There is a little indentation on the top surface of the MC. If it has been in the machine it will have black printed on it if not it will be white. You can cut some vinyl and put over top of where it has been printed black in that indentation if you want to try to use it again.