• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex Light magenta replacement heads still patchy.

James Batchelor

Hi Everyone, I have an HP Latex 315 just out of warranty. The light magenta head started banding so after unsuccessful cleaning I bought a new one. This worked fine for a week or so but the same thing is happening to the new head.
Any suggestions on what the problems is? Many thanks.

James Batchelor

The Ink cartridge was very low so I have just put in a new one tonight. The fist couple of test prints are still patchy. Is it possible that it will improve with the new ink cartridge? Is there a way I can flush the new ink through?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yeah that's probably your issue. You can try to run for example 10 cleanings from the maintenance menu (select LM-LC only).
If that doesn't help you might have to warranty the head.

Or continue printing but turn your spit bars on.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You can enable from your rip. It will print out small bar of pure CMYKcm on the side.
You can very easily follow from it to see if LMLC is performing well or not during printing.

20230720_152726-jpg.166192

James Batchelor

Ok, I am printing out of Caldera (on Mac) so will see if there is an option for me to turn that feature on tomorrow.
Once again I am so grateful for your help.

Ronny Axelsson

I had a similar issue on my 365, where a cartridge ran low on ink and it clogged the print head so bad I had to replace it.
Ink level indicators can be a bit unreliable when the cartridges are almost empty so I try to keep an eye on it and replace them a little earlier than I would like to.

James Batchelor

All excellent advise thanks, I cleaned the head 10 times and although it improved I still had to get a new head. I now get how the empty cartridge can damage the head. A good idea to replace before hand if possible. Cheers everyone, the knowledge I have gained from you all as been so valuable.