• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Scitex FB500

M@CK

Is it just a rebranded / Redesigned ColorSpan ?
I'm currently looking into hybrid or flatbeds I will take any info IF anyone saw it yet.

benjakes

rebranded colorspan

Made in MN at same plant, same heads, same feed systems, same sh*t...

Saw it in MN. Hp is losing track of the market.

SignManiac

HP doesn't manufacture anymore in MN. Moved everything to Singapore. We have the FB950 and it's been a great machine. I'm guessing this new one is the same, only smaller. If it's comparable to ours, it's a good affordable entry level machine that's not a hybrid.

I bet it has the same print heads that we have and the print quality is excellent.

benjakes

i misspoke

It comes from R&D in MN (ColorSpan) HP was proud of this.

Sieko non grey scale heads, big dots. I saw it, was slow, banded, and I was not impressed, Sorry.

950 was a decent machine 4 years ago....

To bad they name all the new machines HP/Scitex.

Scitex Vision machines are production tanks developed and MFG. in Israel. These price point machines/all the new flatbeds and latex machines should not have the "Scitex" badge.

This is all false expectations based on marketing. Anything not from Isarel is not a real Scitex machine. Just a marketing badge especially the "re developed Colorspans". What a joke...

Sorry to anyone who bought these based on being a want to be Scitex. Just bunch of smoke and mirrors based on great production machines that cost between $175K and $1M.
Not re branded Colorspans. Regardless of the development in them and what the HP website markets...

To all of you who have bought these machines I hope they are doing you well....

Carl

HP

Hello,

Over two years ago I bought a HP 45500 uv flatbed. I cant start to explain all the trouble i have had with it, to make a long story short we have an US$80,000.00 table on our shop we dont even turn it on its cheaper that way everytime we use there is something wrong with it. I expressed my troubles to hp and there solution was to buy the scitex fb 500 and that they would give a generous discount for all my troubles. Can anyone help me out and tell me if its worth it, I dont want to throw away more money. They explained tehy fixed all the flaws on this one. Thank for any support.

Regards,

Last edited:

Hzone15

Carl:

The CS/HP H45500 is in no way comparable to the FB500. Two differnt drive systems.

The previous gentlemen who stated he owns the FB 950 was 100% correct the two differences between the FB950 and the FB500 is size and the 500 offers a white ink option.

I have also seen this machine live and believe its an exceptional value.

To the guy in Montreal I sure hope you won't base your FB purchase based on one person who said its a bad machine.

See it yourself, you may be impressed.

H

M@CK

To be honest Hzone15, before I buy anything, ill wait for the next big trade show which is probably Graph Expo 2010 in Chicago.
Next Ill try to get some trial time on the selected machines. You don't buy a new car without a test drive ...

ppisales

Expect prices to go up. HP is restructuring distribution of all commercial wide format printers, to keep prices higher like Apple, Xerox, etc.

Signman01

HP Scintex FB500

the company I work for went from an Agfa anapurna to the Hp FB 500...just don't like it..Colors are not as strong and vibrant..
It might be faster but so far from what I have seen... not impressed..

Turnergraphics

Is it just a rebranded / Redesigned ColorSpan ?
I'm currently looking into hybrid or flatbeds I will take any info IF anyone saw it yet.

It depends on your budget and what you're printing. For about $90 K there's HP, Oce, and CET . Being able to spend the day test driving the FB500 at HP in Alpharetta GA played a big part in our decision. You can test drive any printer you want all in the same day. We're only 3 hours from Alpharetta. Ask your salesman about expected printhead life and cost

alienwraps

Fb700

I purchased the FB700 2yrs ago and I love it, If you keep them clean and do all the maintenance they are trouble free. The only thing I hate is HP is proud of their parts. About a month ago I had the 8 liter shop vac go out and HP wants 400.00 for it. The only thing that is different than the ones you buy local is it is 220v which I ended up ordering from over seas for 98.00 including shipping