• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hp800w latex printer

woody1512

Hi all, just a newbee question. Can the HP800w print double pass (double layer) print. I have a job to run onto translucent that will be illuminated and i am not sure if this machine is capable of running a double pass print.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
"double hit" - No, but you just raise the passes and ink limit as much as you need ex. 18pass 260%.
It has backlit profiles in the library ready for you.

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
You have the ability to print white in sandwich mode. Color/White/Color which will be a better outcome than any "doublepass" could hope to achieve.
When printing in sandwich mode, print onto clear vinyl, not translucent. If you need any assistance with this, give me a shout i can walk you through it or point you to some guides.

woody1512

You have the ability to print white in sandwich mode. Color/White/Color which will be a better outcome than any "doublepass" could hope to achieve.
When printing in sandwich mode, print onto clear vinyl, not translucent. If you need any assistance with this, give me a shout i can walk you through it or point you to some guides.
thanks will have to let you know........if ia m allowed to play that is lol, appreciate your support though.

Superior_Adam

Not sure if that printer can print percentages but color/white/color is the best for backlit signage. On our flatbed UV printer we print the color pass that will be closest to the light at 40%. Gives a perfect daylight print adn doesnt wash out at night when the lights kick on.

woody1512

Not sure if that printer can print percentages but color/white/color is the best for backlit signage. On our flatbed UV printer we print the color pass that will be closest to the light at 40%. Gives a perfect daylight print adn doesnt wash out at night when the lights kick on.
I also have a UV flatbed printer, found the same with the C/W/C layering top colour layer at around 35-40% also gave us the illumination finish without over saturating the daylight image. I was just curious about the latex printing as I am new to these machines and wanted to see if it was an option. I really appreciate your input though. :)