• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I have a question about handtop uv hybrid print reverse function.

congdesign

I have a question about handtop uv hybrid print reverse function.

The first 1 or 2 times worked fine, but when I try again
The topjet program shuts down with an error.

Forward output is fine, but if you turn on the reverse function and start output, an error occurs and the program ends.

Maybe... is there something wrong with the settings??
Or is it just a program error?
Or maybe the machine has a separate sensor?

I'm curious

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_20230726_180134840.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20230726_180134840.jpg
    690.6 KB · Views: 174
  • KakaoTalk_20230726_180134840_01.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20230726_180134840_01.jpg
    654.8 KB · Views: 94
  • KakaoTalk_20230726_180134840_02.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20230726_180134840_02.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 109

signheremd

Here are the settings I use - slightly different version of TopJet.

What I believe is happening is that your parameters under Print Mode/Layout are creating a situation where you are pushing the start point too far out into the print area of the machine so that adding the job size to the remaining space is larger than the print area available. The zero point is the point at which the unit thinks printing should start and it coordinates with the bed of the printer.

Personally, I would do away with margins and headers, and run a Printer Base Pointer calibration. When you send your jobs, do so with a border the size of the material so that the printer centers it as you have it laid out on screen. (Never have seen the advantage of headers or margins for physically printing on substrate - instead design it the way it should appear.) As you can see from my pictures, your base point is way further into the print bed than mine: you are 187/144 with a 50mm margin and I am 20.5/10.85 with no margin. Also notice which Zero Point Top box I have selected. Now mine is a flatbed, yours is a hybrid and that would explain the differences. But do the math and where you are telling the machine the substrate is located and I think you will see that if it tries to go there the printed area will not fit or the substrate is at the opposite side of the machine.

The Reverse button you have flips the layout. So material should be starting from the opposite side.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

• PrintingMode.jpg
    PrintingMode.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 86
  • ControlSystem.jpg
    ControlSystem.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 84
  • BasePointer.jpg
    BasePointer.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 99

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics

What I believe is happening is that your parameters under Print Mode/Layout are creating a situation where you are pushing the start point too far out into the print area of the machine so that adding the job size to the remaining space is larger than the print area available. The zero point is the point at which the unit thinks printing should start and it coordinates with the bed of the printer.

Personally, I would do away with margins and headers, and run a Printer Base Pointer calibration. When you send your jobs, do so with a border the size of the material so that the printer centers it as you have it laid out on screen. (Never have seen the advantage of headers or margins for physically printing on substrate - instead design it the way it should appear.) As you can see from my pictures, your base point is way further into the print bed than mine: you are 187/144 with a 50mm margin and I am 20.5/10.85 with no margin. Also notice which Zero Point Top box I have selected. Now mine is a flatbed, yours is a hybrid and that would explain the differences. But do the math and where you are telling the machine the substrate is located and I think you will see that if it tries to go there the printed area will not fit or the substrate is at the opposite side of the machine.

The Reverse button you have flips the layout. So material should be starting from the opposite side.

Hope that helps.
really well stated. Nice work!

congdesign

Hope that helps.
thank you

It really helped me a lot.
As you said, the margin was the problem...T.T

I'm using it right now, but...
It is difficult to use a hybrid printer like a flatbed printer.

I'll have to look into buying a new machine.

T.T