• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need to apply logos to punching bags

peavey123

Hi All,

I have a customer who owns a martial arts gym. He has requested to have his logo applied to his punching bags.

Has anyone done a similar application? What material would work here? Vinyl wouldn't stand up to punishment would it? Maybe an ink would be better? If so, what kind? Is ink something I can pull off myself?

Sorry, I'm clueless here regarding inks hence all the questions in a row. lol

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

d fleming

Sort of screen printing fabric before it is sewn I would say apply logo at top or bottom of bag where it doesn't take such a beating. Maybe you can find a heat press product that might work.

peavey123

ah! That's a good idea!

Just talked to the guy who does our T-shirts etc. He suggested to check out Stahls heat transfer CAD Printz. Used for football and hockey gear.

phototec

Hi All,

I have a customer who owns a martial arts gym. He has requested to have his logo applied to his punching bags.

Has anyone done a similar application? What material would work here? Vinyl wouldn't stand up to punishment would it? Maybe an ink would be better? If so, what kind? Is ink something I can pull off myself?

Sorry, I'm clueless here regarding inks hence all the questions in a row. lol

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

When I had to apply a graphic (logo) onto canvas like the punching bag, I cut a stencil out of vinyl applied it to the canvas, burnished the edges down real good and used black spray paint, spraying many light coats building up the paint thickness.

Then removed the vinyl stencil and the logo was painted on the canvas, (the paint actually soaked into the canvas), and has lasted very well going on two years now.

Worked for me! :thumb:

peavey123

When I had to apply a graphic (logo) onto canvas like the punching bag, I cut a stencil out of vinyl applied it to the canvas, burnished the edges down real good and used black spray paint, spraying many light coats building up the paint thickness.

Then removed the vinyl stencil and the logo was painted on the canvas, (the paint actually soaked into the canvas), and has lasted very well going on two years now.

Cool. Thanks phototec!

TXFB.INS

good idea, thanks