• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ID I think this is hand painted.

Salmoneye

Think this is hand painted but wanted to know if there is a match.
Thanks

Attachments

• Christmas Graduation 2009 Panasonic 243 FONT ID.jpg
    Christmas Graduation 2009 Panasonic 243 FONT ID.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 75

Salmoneye

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I am looking for the text around the outside as I understand that the 'T' is custom.

SignosaurusRex

Very obscure one there. That one seems to pop up regularly around here for an I.D. I've seen it used a number of times on vehicles and signs so I know it does exist but have yet to locate it. LHF HENSLER is close but would need some tweaking as would COPPERPLATE BOLD COND.

OldPaint

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO RE-DO........that sign in VINYL I HOPE!!!!!! it looks to be an original. when DIAMOND T trucks and dealership existed........THERE WAS NO VINYL....only HAND PAINTED!!!! and is it a PORCELAIN SIGN?
i just cleaned up and paintmatched this old porcelain CITI SERVICE sign. been shot at many times, since 1920's when it was made. someone else messed with it before me. seems they had no paint matching skills and uses a white paint to MARK all the bad spots, then clear coated the whole sign. this sign is insured for $4000.00. to give you an idea of worth of old signs, this is a before after, i only paint matched one side.
before & after i painted it. the background color is the same in both pics, the differance is in the LIGHT when pics were taken.

Attachments

• citi2.jpg
    citi2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 99

Salmoneye

I am re-creating a sign for a giveaway at an owners group. The one you see hanging on that wall is original and will hang there for many years to come I am sure.

OldPaint

then you NEED TO PAINT IT...........for a TRUE RECREATION....lay paper on it redraw it as IS....... now get a piece of metal cut to same size and shape, and make a pounce pattern of the drawing.....dull the paints so they look aged, and wala...............you have a TRUE RECREATION........

Salmoneye

I need to do what my customer is paying me to do and that is print it and stick it. I am sure that it will make some enthusiast happy while hanging in his garage. I have not tried any hand lettering of any kind but I really should play with it a bit. It turns out that my neighbor who is in his eighties is a retired, lifelong brush and gold leaf kind of guy. He still likes to spend 1/2 of the day in his shop tinkering on furniture and the like.

Salmoneye

Pat, I was referring to printing as opposed to hand lettering. I am already charging as much as they can pay to do the job printed so I am not going to trace and paint the sign by hand in order to charge more as paint suggested.

Patrick46

It's Patrick, please......:toasting:

I charge by the hour, so it'd be a wash as for however I did the job.

Couldn't you just scan it, clean it up a bit, and print it off??