• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

illustrator cs6 crash when I change colour name

bigben

I got a funny problem with illustrator cs6. I use Caldera as a rip and to ''program'' a contour cut, I have to change the name of the color by ''CutContour'' and set it as ''spot colour''. Everytime i want to do that, illustrator crashes. If I open a previous file with this setting, it work. But if I want to change it from blue to red, it crashes again. I've uninstalled the software and re-installed it and it does the same thing.

Anyone have an idea of the problem and how to resolve it?

Thanks.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Have you checked to see if the company selling the software says it's compatible with Adobe Illustrator CS6? If they do claim it is compatible, under which version of AI CS6 should it run? The 32-bit "x86" version or the 64-bit version? It's possible this software may only run properly under the 32-bit version of Illustrator CS6 and not be able to work right with the 64-bit version.

I have a few Illustrator plug-ins that worked with earlier versions of Illustrator but no longer work when dropped into CS6. I suppose Illustrator CC could break even more plug-ins.

bigben

Have you checked to see if the company selling the software says it's compatible with Adobe Illustrator CS6? If they do claim it is compatible, under which version of AI CS6 should it run? The 32-bit "x86" version or the 64-bit version? It's possible this software may only run properly under the 32-bit version of Illustrator CS6 and not be able to work right with the 64-bit version.

I have a few Illustrator plug-ins that worked with earlier versions of Illustrator but no longer work when dropped into CS6. I suppose Illustrator CC could break even more plug-ins.

Thank you for your suggestions. It was working 100% last week, then I had this problem. I've clean up all adobe products on my computer, then fresh install and everything came back to normal.

Thanks again.