• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator not opening

Neyland

Hey everyone, Has anyone ever had this issue? I am getting an error message when trying to open Ilustrator cc on Mac. It says "Not enough memory to open the illustration". I have plenty of memory on the computer, and have restarted a number of times. Nothing has worked. Anyone????

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I've seen this on a win7 with CS5.
The error pops up and the AI window shows up in the upper left hand corner minimized down so that just some of the tool bars are showing and no workspace.
Once I restore the window to full screen it will close and reopen fine the next time around.
Seemed like it was happening to me when I was switching the desktop between 1 and 2 monitors.
Worst case you could try a reset to default:
Cmd+Option+Shift on launch (I think).

wayne k
guam usa

Neyland

Thanks guys. I've tried all of the above suggestions, and it's still not working. Not sure what to do. Thanks anyway.

qmr55

If you try and open illustrator first (not by doubleclicking an .ai file, but by actually opening via the illustrator icon) and then open the file via the File > open menu, does it work?

klmiller611

Another idea to try is to open it in Acrobat, it will run through Distiller, and save it back as full PDF or EPS, and Illustrator might open that. Of course, save it as a different name to avoid damage to your original file.

Ken Miller