• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Image size in Photoshop

AIFX

I have been working on a design in photoshop for a racecar, and some of the filers that I have tried to use do not work because the system runs out of memory. I have tied to increase the memory available to photoshop and have done the history purge. I have 3gigs of ram in my system. At what PPI or DPI and at what scale are most people working at? I have read that full size at 72 DPI was OK. My designs are printed on a Mutoh Falcon. Thanks

iSign

if you are going to seam that graphics, you could work on sections slightly larger then your seamed panels... instead of working on the entire vehicle graphic in one file.
Also, I will often work smaller scale (but conscious of the need to remember, or write down the steps I have taken) until I like the design, & until my client approves it. this way I can design MUCH faster by working with managable file sizes.

3 gigs of ram is great, you must have a pretty fast processor too... do you have the scratch disc for photoshop on a different drive? That would be a good idea as well.

Derf

I work in Photoshop at 72 PPI or (150-300 PPI for small images that need filter detail) then save down to a 72 PPI (144 LPI ) file and print at 720x720 DPI and it looks great

advsign22

72 PPI is fine at full scale. I use 100 PPI incase I do need to inlarge something at the last minute to fit.
Ken