• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Impositioning software

Lea Marc

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good software for impositioning files to print on wide format? Currently when we have a large number of signs to print for example, I will use Illustrator to put them onto 4x8' sheet templates to help the guys in finishing trim them up quicker. Is there anything out there that could do this kind of thing quicker or more efficiently? We use Dynastrip for our digital work but the dimensions are limited so that won't work for wide format.

Thanks, Steve

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
You mean like nesting? Most all RIP software will do this for you.

Lea Marc

Thanks guys. I don't mean nesting or doing multiple copies which we use Versaworks and Flexi Production Manager for, but more detailed impositioning for example to layout 2x2' signs on a 4x8' sheet with no bleeds except the outsides. Dynastrip does this kind of thing for business cards impositions but we want to do the same kind of thing on a large scale. Unless there is a way to do this in Versaworks or Production Manager and I'm missing it..?

Steve

eahicks

Thanks guys. I don't mean nesting or doing multiple copies which we use Versaworks and Flexi Production Manager for, but more detailed impositioning for example to layout 2x2' signs on a 4x8' sheet with no bleeds except the outsides. Dynastrip does this kind of thing for business cards impositions but we want to do the same kind of thing on a large scale. Unless there is a way to do this in Versaworks or Production Manager and I'm missing it..?

Steve

Sounds like nesting to me....or simply taking several images, laying them side by side and printing all as one big file. Simply just lay them all out in Flexi and print as one....or am I missing something here?

Lea Marc

The only thing you can't do in Flexi in nest jobs but have no bleed on the inside edges and bleed on the outside edges. This would allow for a straight cut down the centre and each inside vertical. I asked Flexi and they said use Illustrator ahah. That's what I currently use which is fine, just wondered if there's anything for automated out there..

Antnee

[SUB]I use an Adobe Acrobat plugin called Quite Imposing. It will imposition with no bleeds and marks. It can do 2'x2' then impose onto a 4'x8'. Save as a pdf then import into your rip program.

[/SUB]http://www.quite.com

eahicks

The only thing you can't do in Flexi in nest jobs but have no bleed on the inside edges and bleed on the outside edges. This would allow for a straight cut down the centre and each inside vertical. I asked Flexi and they said use Illustrator ahah. That's what I currently use which is fine, just wondered if there's anything for automated out there..

I do this every day with Flexi. 10 18x24 coros on 1 sheet, so I slit down one length afterwards, then cut those down. Don't see what the problem is.
Just butt up all images next to each other, no gaps, and print.