• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question In office inkjet?

2B

What is everyone using for their in office printers?
NOT looking for a production machine

Most of the printing is B/W 8.5 x 11

We would like to do 11x17 or 12x18 in vibrant color for proofing and enlarged views when needed

Inkject ONLY

Stacey K

I like making signs
$39.99 Canon at Walmart. 8.5x11 for layouts/invoices. When I do color proofing I usually just add it to another job I'm printing on the printer so I'm sure to get the correct colors.

That doesn't really help but that's what I do.

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
And if you do want proffing, along with ASF capacity max sheets ASF Cassette: Plain paper 250 sheets (A4-A2/ US-C, look no firther than the SC-P5000, with option built in spectro

gnubler

I have a Brother all-in-one inkjet for stuff like that - can scan/copy/print up to 12x18". Mostly used for in-house printing out proofs and mockups for my own reference. It was under $300, on sale because it's a discontinued model.
Invoices and job tickets are all printed on an HP laser printer b&w. I think it was around $120 a couple years ago.

caribmike

Retired with a Side Hustle
I recently bought a used Konica Minolta Bizhub C458 with less than 100,000 impressions from a dealer for $2500 including the finisher.

The world is awash in cheap used printer/copiers. I'll max this one out in a year or two and replace it with another. They're super easy to maintain and all parts and supplies can be bought from Precision Roller or a dealer.