• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

installation template for fleet change over of cut vinyl

joelswork

Ok all,We are removing and rebranding 80 trucks next week, all the vinyl was purchased separately and we are doing the install. I really want to help my fellow installers to get this done quickly as we are only allocated 2 hours in the morning each day next week. The removal will be fairly straight forward as we just put it on 6 months ago before they got bought out, all new vinyl on new trucks thankfully. The graphics that we have been provided with are three pieces of cut graphic consisting of two lines of text (different colors) with the third being a logo of yet another color. I'm big on processes that save time and as I was looking at the initial install for customer review, I said we should just make a right and left template, which was thought of as brilliant! If there was any consistency within the trimmed pieces then it would be no problem, but that is not the case. Any suggestions by you process professionals out there?my thought is something like a piece of backing paper with the proper locations for the graphic cut out and some way to register the letters on the backing paper, squeegee them down and remove the transfer paper then the template/backing paper. (I've been away from this stuff for 5 years now and have forgotten more than I care to admit...but I'm slowly remembering some of it)

jfiscus

Rap Master
Make a 50% pattern that runs from the edge of the door to the other edge.
I would even suggest making it out of phototex or something similar.. for easy re-use

Attachments

• Untitled-5.jpg
    Untitled-5.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 65