• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing into Stucco...HELP!

skyhigh

Yeah, I just really like the looks of Dibond/Alucobond pan panels...they're really clean.

(hey - you edited your post lol)
yes I did.

Something about one sheet of .020 (or something like that), taking the stress of the bend.....and thats if you didn't knick it when you ran the router down thru, seems to bother me.

The one time I made a pan out of dibond, I could see the stress cracks in the paint. I suppose I didn't have it "V'd" far enough. There are easier, and cleaner ways to make a pan outta dibond, without bending it. Of course that involves a lot more material & costly adhesive (L), and painting.

To actually pan a sheet of dibond is a big waste of time. IMO. Your idea of using a pan face was right on target tho.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I agree - it's time consuming. "We" (previous company I worked at) did the Wells Fargo signs and all of those pretty pan panel backgrounds you see on the banks now are Alucobond and they're all manufactured by routing the 'V' and then being brake-formed. Very time consuming and very little margin of error, but no seams or joints except for the corners, and those are minimal.

FS-Keith

I agree - it's time consuming. "We" (previous company I worked at) did the Wells Fargo signs and all of those pretty pan panel backgrounds you see on the banks now are Alucobond and they're all manufactured by routing the 'V' and then being brake-formed. Very time consuming and very little margin of error, but no seams or joints except for the corners, and those are minimal.

they are also some of the biggest POS signs I have ever installed, god help the people who service those signs with that horrible hinge design and subframe they used.:frustrated:

Moze

Precision Sign Services
The design left a lot to be desired (customer spec)...I don't think the signs were necessarily "POS".

Mosh

Gemini pad and stud would work great, just VHB some pads to the back of the sign, and make a pattern. The easiest install is Gemini letters pad/sud mouted on Dryvitt, the drill goes in like butter, in fact I think you could poke a hole in it with your finger. Same app on REAL stucco.