• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Invert 2 color design

Ronny Axelsson

I think you have to give us some more details, Craig.

Are you talking about bitmaps or vector objects?
Are spot colors involved or is it just CMYK/RGB?
What is the purpose for inverting the colors?
Do the colors need to be truly inverted, or is it enough with an inverted look on screen?
What version of Draw are you using?

Ronny Axelsson

In later versions (don't remember for how long this has worked with vector objects), the easiest way of doing this is probably to use Invert Colors.
Can be found in Effects > Transform.

Craig Keller

attached I already had my artwork guy convert it but would like to know how to do it.

Attachments

• Soccer Ball wall 10in w.pdf
    488 KB · Views: 106

Ronny Axelsson

o I remember now it was only a png file never vector!
Now, that is something completely different.

If your PNG doesn't have a perfect black (0, 0, 0) and white (255, 255, 255), then the inverted image won't get it either.
Draw has many ways to increase the contrast though, which could make it a lot better.

JBurton

Signtologist
If I'm lazy, import the file, export back out as black/white, go into onyx and swap colors.
If I'm reusing the art, trace it up. Then select each element and change the color, or draw another rectangle over it, put it behind the art, fill it with black, and fill the elements with white.
attached I already had my artwork guy convert it but would like to know how to do it.
I'd recommend asking your art guy, I think you're running into combined objects that have voids where the white areas are, and it takes some round about explaining that probably comes across most simply in person.