• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Is Jim Handcock still active on this site?

Jim Hill

I had Jim Hancock serve my Roland Printer a few months ago, but I was wondering if he is still active on this site since I no longer see him posting.

He is a great tech guy to know for sure.

Jim Hill

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I heard from him back at the end of August and he was still fixing machine then. Haven't seen him on here in a while though.

Jim Hill

Thanks for the update.

I also had him do a service call on my printer while I was in Dallas.
He is a real nice guy to deal with and also very knowledgeable.

I think I will try and get in touch with him because he used to always post, and it's been a while since he last posted on this site.

Jim Hill

Jim Hill

I just called Jim Hancock and his recorded message said he is taking care of his mother and won't be doing any service calls at this time.

Jim Hill

netsol

Yes, i wondering what was going on with jim,
hopefully everything is going well with his mother.
i noticed the lack of new posts

SYYED SHAKEER

Thanks for the update.

I also had him do a service call on my printer while I was in Dallas.
He is a real nice guy to deal with and also very knowledgeable.

I think I will try and get in touch with him because he used to always post, and it's been a while since he last posted on this site.

Jim Hill
Jim Hill , hope all is well. Would you be able to advise me on the following :
How exactly do you pull ink from two cap tops on a printer with two heads (ROLAND XR 640) when there are two line under each cap tops that goes to the each pump ? I have the syringe with the Y connector for the tubes from the cap , but dont know the exact way to do it .

Jim Hill

How exactly do you pull ink from two cap tops on a printer with two heads (ROLAND XR 640) when there are two line under each cap tops that goes to the each pump ? I have the syringe with the Y connector for the tubes from the cap , but dont know the exact way to do it .

I am not the right person to answer your question.
Solveninkjet would be better able to answer that question for you.

Jim Hill

dudeinthemoon

You’ll need only one line on each cap, it’s doesn’t matter which one, they’re both goes at the cap bottom, or you can use them both at once. If I got you right. Just be sure you’re shut another on the same cap before pulling the syringe. You should connect the syringe to the pipe which goes from needed cap just like you using syringe instead of the actual ink pipe, it is literally what you going to do. And the procedure will be much more efficient if you’ll be able to push at the front edge of the carriage bottom when you’ll pull the syringe to maintain maximum adhering head surface to the cap, and make sure the ink valves are opened if your printer has them so there won’t be negative pressure in ink lines after you remove the syringe. But overall it is a pointless effort in general. It will let you increase the printing quality for a short period and it’ll help for a less time each time you do it. If your actual pump was replaced, and dampers and cap too only replacement of the head will help. It might be more useful to try clean the head by not pulling inks through it but pushing the washing liquid directly to the needed channel of the printhead using the same syringe and the pipe just like the pump uses connected it to the damper connector the channel you want to wash. This requires printhead removing from the carriage because you can’t remove the dampers without it on roland or epson dx6 heads. This method is very dangerous and you’ll have to know definitely what you need to do before you start. And you shouldn’t do it if aren’t prepared that the head most likely will be dead completely after this. If the head is older than 3-4 years and was used with solvent inks, if one or few of the ink channels are clogged, there is high chance you’ll brake through in to the next ink channel the colors will be mixing inside, the probability depends of the heads age, it becomes more fragile inside with the the time because of solvent base inks. But it is the only way might heal the clogged head. Always make sure you dried the head after washing it and before install it back. Sorry for too much text and possible mistakes in my English

SYYED SHAKEER

You’ll need only one line on each cap, it’s doesn’t matter which one, they’re both goes at the cap bottom, or you can use them both at once. If I got you right. Just be sure you’re shut another on the same cap before pulling the syringe. You should connect the syringe to the pipe which goes from needed cap just like you using syringe instead of the actual ink pipe, it is literally what you going to do. And the procedure will be much more efficient if you’ll be able to push at the front edge of the carriage bottom when you’ll pull the syringe to maintain maximum adhering head surface to the cap, and make sure the ink valves are opened if your printer has them so there won’t be negative pressure in ink lines after you remove the syringe. But overall it is a pointless effort in general. It will let you increase the printing quality for a short period and it’ll help for a less time each time you do it. If your actual pump was replaced, and dampers and cap too only replacement of the head will help. It might be more useful to try clean the head by not pulling inks through it but pushing the washing liquid directly to the needed channel of the printhead using the same syringe and the pipe just like the pump uses connected it to the damper connector the channel you want to wash. This requires printhead removing from the carriage because you can’t remove the dampers without it on roland or epson dx6 heads. This method is very dangerous and you’ll have to know definitely what you need to do before you start. And you shouldn’t do it if aren’t prepared that the head most likely will be dead completely after this. If the head is older than 3-4 years and was used with solvent inks, if one or few of the ink channels are clogged, there is high chance you’ll brake through in to the next ink channel the colors will be mixing inside, the probability depends of the heads age, it becomes more fragile inside with the the time because of solvent base inks. But it is the only way might heal the clogged head. Always make sure you dried the head after washing it and before install it back. Sorry for too much text and possible mistakes in my English
I really appreciate you taking your time and effort to explain all of this . Thanks for your advice . All the best!