• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is the pricing guide from sign craft any good??

Jeron

Just like the title says. I have a subscription to sign craft and access to that pricing guide. But I don't know if it is accurate.

I'm a screen printer but do small signs with my vinyl cutter every once in a while. So I don't know what typical sign pricing goes by, and looking for something to compare the prices i come up with.

Thanks
Jeron.

reQ

Any kind of a guide will give you just a basic idea for pricing. No one knows your overhead etc. which you have to consider when making up your prices.

Jeron

True, and I have calculated my shop rate to include my overhead, profit, ect.

Sign crafts guide has 4 different prices for every item it has based on 4 different shop rates. one of those rates is almost identical to my rate.

True, and I have calculated my shop rate to include my overhead, profit, ect.

Sign crafts guide has 4 different prices for every item it has based on 4 different shop rates. one of those rates is almost identical to my rate.

So go with that one. Shop rate plus 2x materials.

Jillbeans

It's always been fairly accurate for me with my shop rate of $75/hr.
For years I had the old desktop bound Sign Writer's Pricing Guide (which I think also covers silk screening) on my counter. It was always higher than what I charged.
Of course the customer would watch me look up the price and they always thought they were getting a deal when I quoted lower than the book (but still a little higher than I'd charge if they weren't looking over my shoulder)

I have also sold logos simply by having Dan Antonelli's books on my counter :D
Love....Jill

PS
2X materials is too cheap.