• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is the X-Rite i1Xtreme right for me?

mikey-Oh

So we're taking on color calibration and icc profiles. Read through many threads, visited the ICConsortium and ready to take the plunge. As I venture into the unknown, just want to make sure I get the right tool(s) for the job.

Our setup:
Mutoh VJ 1604
Flexi 8.1v1
Wasatch 6.6

We have a gretagMacbeth EyeOne Match, but I believe all it can do is calibrate our monitors.

Will I be able to build profiles and calibrate for my setup with this device?
Do I need profile maker or some other icc software to actually make the profile?
What extra modules may I need down the road?
What alternatives should I consider, or is this market cornered?
Also, should I buy direct from the manufacture or does one of our fine merchant members offer it?
Maybe a bundle deal?
:thankyou:

sfr table hockey

I have the Eyeone Extreme and yes you should be able to do all you need to make your own profiles. You can use its own test charts to print and then read to make a profile but Flexi has ink limit and others built in so that you can use the Eye one with it and make profiles from there.

Just using the eye one test chart prints I was able to get good color from the 11/10 inks I started with, but I did not do a propper ink limit test print first. Instead I had just dropped the ink limits manually before the test print and it still worked well. Now I am just switching inks over to nasdar 2000 so I will see if I have to profile again or if the inks are close enough like they told me.

But they give you what you need in the package but there is also some downloads you can add on (free) that will let you read a swatch color or paint color with the eye one and it will give you the color. Think it was eyeone share.

WrapperX

Wouldn't hurt to have a densitometer either - this measures the ink density in the print outs which you will need to input into your profile software when creating your own. You can "guestimate" this by the look of each swatch but you will get a better more accurate profile if you use the densitometer.

LenR

i1 Match

Wasatch will recognize your i1 device when you are in the linearization phase of setting up your configuration.
i1 Match will make profiles.
X-Rite has just upgraded their software and it's sounding like a "bag of hurt".
You might want to wait a while before upgrading.