• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is this to be expected?

joeshaul

Here's the John Madden of the Scenario.

"Well, what you have here is a typical football scenario. The router's job is to route the stuff the operator operates it to route and then BOOM! It'll turn your square into a circle, but the router needs to be sure it's routing in the shape that the operator operates the router to route. Now what happened here was the offensive end was more powerful than the defensive end, and when that happens, the offensive wins. But this isn't a game about winning, it's a game of strategy, so what we need is a defense that can stop the offense, but that isn't too defensive that it doesn't offend the offense, when that happens, the router will route what the operator operated the router to route and it will route a circle!"

gnatt66

please keep us posted as to what kind of customer service you get as I know I sure want to know!

seriously..i sanded and dealt with them as i had to. i have NO time to send them back, so i doubt i'll do anything but vote with my keyboard and move on to someplace better.

gnatt66

and i had to FAX my already confirmed online order to them because they somehow lost it. strange that they had my email addy but not my order.

yeah, this has gone swimmingly from the git-go.

BobM

Yup, thats a vendor I'd be looking forward to working with, NOT. Perhaps forwarding a link of this post to the vendor would be in order. Maybe they would get the point that their name could have appeared here if you wished to make it public.

Larry L

That stuff cuts like butter and leaves a nice edge. In the future you may try cutting it out yourself if you have a jig saw. I also use a small belt sander to clean up any waves.

diverscott

I do blanks like that all the time with the CNC and can tell you that it's unheard-of to deliver something like that to a customer. The vendor obviously didn't use an effective means of holding down the material. In cases where the vacuum doesn't hold well (like when cutting 1/4" aluminum), I either pause the cut and put in some screws to hold the blank, or drop some 1/4" (bit shank thickness) ball bearings into the slot so the blank will rotate free, but not be forced back into the bit. Teats can easily be sanded off, but there's no way to replace missing chunks of material.

It kinda makes you wonder whether the supplier has new people on staff, is using low quality sub-contractors, or just doesn't give a hoot. Regardless of the cause of the problem, it is evident that their quality control isn't up to par. Blanks like those always end up in the scrap bin and should never be sent on to a customer.

Hope things turn out better for you on your next order.

(grammar edit)