• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issue in Illustrator

In Print

You may consider a faster hard drive, or getting two disks. There's a company that sells a bracket to fit two drives in the minis.

Yeah, I was trying to see if it was an issue i could fix or I needed to upgrade - would rather not upgrade if I dont have to. Tx

VL

Run the disk utility!

I would first run the disk utility. More than likely you need to repair the disk permissions. If you have the install disk, put it in, restart the computer while holding the the C down. When it comes up, go to the top menu and choose utilities, Disk utility. Once it's running, choose your disk and try repairing the permissions.

Mainframe

Here is your problem, you need to reinstall Mavericks, you didn't get a good install the first time, here is how to reinstall it, and keep all your files, (which you have backed up anyway, right?)
I just went through something similar from my son downloading Mavericks on a slow connection we have at the house, I reinstalled the OS at the shop with an ethernet cable plugged in to it and all is well. Note.. after the fresh install click on spotlight, it will index for a few minutes right after you boot each user on the system, this makes it seem sluggish at first, but it will show in the spotlight menu when it is done. My Macbook pro screams with Mavericks loaded!
Good Luck! :thumb:

Important: You must be connected to the Internet to reinstall OS X.

1. Choose Apple menu > Restart. Once your Mac restarts (and the gray screen appears), hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys.
  2. If you’re not connected to the Internet, choose a network from the Wi-Fi menu (in the top-right corner of the screen).
  3. Select Reinstall OS X, then click Continue.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions. In the pane where you select a disk, select your current OS X disk (in most cases, it’s the only one available).
[FONT=Lucida Grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Lucida Grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Here's the link to that page:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ph13871?viewlocale=en_US